For Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 Patagonia has taken their already rock-solid wetsuits to new levels of warmth and flexibility by introducing new materials, and superior construction. The result? Patagonia simply offers the highest quality wetsuits on the market. Would we really expect any less from Patagonia? Here is a break down on their newest line of wetsuits, including which suit will be ideal for your local lineup.
Before we dive into the different wetsuits Patagonia is offering, let’s review what improvements they have made across the board in regards to their new line of wetsuits:
- More Internal Tape – For Fall 2014, Patagonia has fully taped all internal seems as opposed to just the critical points in years past.
- Updated Thickness – The thickness in their suits has changed, most notably in the R3 and R4 where they added an extra millimeter.
- New Poly Lining – Introduction of hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester thermal lining, increasing flexibility, while decreasing weight and drying time.
- Better Fit – Completely reworked cut using an anatomical patterning along with high-quality neoprene ensuring their new line of suits fit better and truer than ever before.
- Lower Price – Pricing has dropped significantly due to new construction processes and use of less merino wool. Despite the price drop we think the suits are greatly improved!
Wondering which Patagonia wetsuit to choose? Let’s break ‘em down, starting with the warmest.