Patagonia Yulex Water Heater Hooded Vest - 2018
Patagonia Men’s Clothing — Size Chart
Designed for maximum comfort under a wetsuit, the Yulex Water Heater Hooded Vest extends any suit’s thermal range by adding insulation for the head and core. Made in a Fair Trade Certified facility.
Made from 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, the Patagonia Yulex Water Heater Hooded Vest provides additional insulation for the head and core. Replacing a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, natural rubber offers the same performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process. Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance, the natural rubber is blended with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance and meets rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability. With a formfitting, low-bulk design for maximum comfort under a wetsuit, the Water Heater easily extends any suit’s thermal range. The 2mm hood has a warm and fast-drying thermal lining made with 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex microgrid; the 1.5mm body is lined with high-stretch 100% recycled polyester; the exterior face fabric is made of durable, water-resistant 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex. An outer-neck baffle sits over the wetsuit neck to prevent water entry, and the adjustable face opening has a cinch-locking elastic cord. Seams are glued and blindstitched for comfort and durability. Made in a Fair Trade Certified facility.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free
- Recycled polyester content: 51% in the hood lining, 100% in the body lining and 88% in the exterior face fabric
- Adjustable face opening with elastic cord and cinch lock
- Outer-neck baffle prevents water entry
- Glued and blindstitched construction
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified facility
- 386 g (13.6 oz)
This product is backed by a warranty from the manufacturer. Click below for details on the warranty policy for Patagonia products.
Patagonia Ironclad Guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Please reference our full Return Policy.