Patagonia R1 Lite Yulex 2mm Short Sleeve Chest Zip Wetsuit
Patagonia Men's Wetsuits — Size Chart
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
Designed for maximum stretch and freedom of movement, the new, neoprene-free R1 Lite Yulex Front-Zip Short-Sleeved Full Suit is made from 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content with a 100% recycled polyester lining; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance. Made in a Fair Trade Certified facility. Suggested water temperatures: 65–75° F/18–23° C.
The Patagonia R1 Lite Yulex 2mm Short Sleeve Chest Zip Wetsuit is now made in a Fair Trade Certified facility. These neoprene-free Yulex wetsuits are made of 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content. Replacing a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, they offer the same warmth and performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process. Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance, natural rubber has been blended with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance and meets rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability. With new patterning for maximum flexibility and improved fit, the superlight R1 Lite Yulex Front-Zip Short-Sleeved Full Suit is 2mm with a high-stretch, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester lining; the face fabric is 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex. The face fabric and lining are now solution-dyed—using 86% less water than conventional dyeing—and are laminated with water-based AquaA glue that’s free from harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The suit’s floating front-zip entry features a corrosion-proof zipper and asymmetrical flap for a better seal, stretch, and range of motion through the chest and shoulders; the Salmi zipper is fully replaceable to extend the suit’s lifespan. All seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped. Easy-access key loop included. Suggested water temperatures: 65–75° F/18–23° C.
- Thickness: 2mm
- Neoprene: Yulex Natural Rubber/Synthetic Rubber
- Seams: Sealed/Taped
- Zipper: Chest Zip
- Hood: None
- Model Year: 2019/2020
- Manufacturers Part Number: 88478
- Made with neoprene-free Yulex; natural rubber/chlorine-free synthetic rubber that meets rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability
- 2mm of 85% Yulex Pure Natural Rubber/15% Synthetic Rubber
- High-Stretch, 100% recycled polyester jersey lining throughout improves flexibility and dry time
- Stretchy and water resistant exterior face fabric is 88% Recycled Polyester and 12% Spandex
- All seams are triple glued and blind-stitched and and internally spot taped at high-stress points
- Asymmetrical floating front-zip features a fully repairable, corrosion-proof Salmi® zipper to extend the suit's lifespan
- Easy-Access key loop
- Derived from sources which are Forest Stewardship Council Certified by the Rainforest Alliance
- For temperate water ranging from 65 - 70° F / 18 - 23° C
- 779 g (27.5 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Fair Trade Certified sewn
This product is backed by a warranty from the manufacturer. Click below for details on the warranty policy for Patagonia products.
Patagonia Ironclad Guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Please reference our full Return Policy.