Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet
Gath Gedi Helmet — Size Chart
For a proper helmet fit check out the Gath Gedi Helmet Size Chart available below or check out the Gedi Helmet Fitting and Sizing video under the product video tab. If you've never worn a water helmet before or are uncertain about your sizing, don't be afraid to give us a ring and the staff at Cleanline Surf will be standing by ready to assist you in finding the perfect fit.
|Helmet Size||Comfort Strip Fitted||Shell Size||Liner Size||Fits Head Size mm||Fits Head Size Inches||American Hat Size|
|S||10.5mm||Small||Sm/Med||540 - 555||21 1/4 - 21 7/8||6 3/4 - 7|
|M||7.5mm||Small||Sm/Med||560 - 575||22 - 22 5/8||7 - 7 1/4|
|L||4.5mm||Small||Large||580 - 595||22 7/8 - 23 3/8||7 1/4 - 7 3/8|
|XL||7.5mm||Large||XL-XXL||595 - 610||23 3/8 - 24||7 3/8 - 7 5/8|
|XXL||4.5mm||Large||XL-XXL||610 - 620||24 - 24 3/8||7 3/4 - 7 7/8|
|XXXL||4.5mm||Large||XXXL||620 - 630||24 3/8 - 24 7/8||7 7/8 - 8|
*Chart is a guide only as head shapes vary. Measurements should be taken mid-forehead, just above the ears.
Made ready for high intensity water activities, the Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet has the protection and durability you need in a water helmet. Built from impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic, this multi-functional head protection has the ability to be used with or without a visor as well as with or without ear protectors making it one of the most versatile water helmets available. Having met all of the requirements for field of vision, extent of coverage, shock absorbing capacity, retention system performance, buoyancy and durability, the Gedi is trusted by the Coast Guard, Water Police, Sea Rescue and more.The Gedi Helmet was developed to be completely convertible, to be light weight and low profile, and to provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT. Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing and standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort. All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials making these helmets low maintenance and easy-to-clean. Offering adaptability and safety, the Gedi Convertible is a premium choice for any rescue personnel or water sports fanatic wanting to avoid the risk of injury.
*Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
**Orange size XXL is always a special order item.
- Impact Resistant Construction - Made strong, durable, and rust proof, the UV-stable, quality ABS plastic will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes. Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam liner with closed-cell EVA foam comfort strips.
- Peak Visor - UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic visor offers sun and impact protection when in use or can be easily removed.
- Wear It and Forget It Comfort - Flexible fitting ear protectors adjust to you! Ear protectors are removable to accommodate warm temperature or your style. Four-point attachment keeps Gath secure with or without ear protectors.
- Added Forehead Protection - Molded high-density foam padding adds protective insulation from bumps, helps hold helmet in proper position, and adds sizing element for optimal fit.
- Neck Protection - The low volume, lightweight, rounded shell shape helps protect from the effects of "bucketing" water or from "snagging" the reef, a leash, or your board.
- More Secure, Suction Cup Fit - Molded, closed-cell liner and peel-and-stick comfort fit strips allow you to achieve real comfort, security and proper fitting of head shape.
- Comfortable Fit System - The comfort strip fitting system is very versatile. Be creative with different padding combinations and configurations to customize the fit to your head shape. Some customers even lift the internal liner flaps and put segments of comfort strips underneath, using the self-adhesive back to stick them to the shell.
- Lightweight Protection- The Gedi weighs 360-420 grams, depending on size and accessories being used.
This product is backed by a warranty from the manufacturer. Click below for details on the warranty policy for Gath products.
Gath 3-year Warranty
Gath products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of purchase, provided they are used as intended and the care instructions are strictly followed. This warranty does not cover scratches to the Gath or the effects of overexposure to heat.
Contact Cleanline Surf for friendly, knowledgeable advice and assistance.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Please reference our full Return Policy.