This USED Patagonia R4 Hooded Wetsuit in Size XL has been lightly used and is in very good condition.
The Fall 2013 Patagonia R4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit is here. The second installment of the warmest wetsuit on planet earth. With high-quality neoprene and a merino wool lining, the new R4® Front-Zip Hooded Full Suit offers excellent comfort and flexibility with a contoured 3-panel hood with an adjustable cord to seal in the heat. Features include anatomical patterning, 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, a heavyweight wool lining in the torso and thighs for warmth, and a lighter weight(orange) lining in the hood, sleeves and legs for increased performance and stretch. With simplified entry and enlarged PVC-free kneepads for long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2013/2014
Manufactures Part Number: 88036
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth; grid lining: torso/thighs lined with original, heavyweight chlorine-free merino wool and recycled polyester; sleeves/legs and hood/external gasket lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester
- Warm and soft merino wool dries quickly and reduces odor for the garment.
- One-piece front and back panels; internal/external neck gaskets (1.5mm neoprene with a polyester jersey surface and center-front key pocket at the base); overlapped front yoke for easy on/off
- Hood: neoprene 3-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit and easy on/off, adjustable cord provides snug fit around face, Supratex brim shields face from sun and sheds water
- Neoprene underarm panels have nylon jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; durable recycled polyester jersey fabric on the outside of seat and legs; anatomically engineered PVC-free kneepads; wrist/ankle cuffs are made with flexible, durable Supratex material; which helps reduce flushing
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations
- 100% external seam sealing; seams are single-needle blindstitched on the outside with nylon bonded thread, and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped
- 4.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with original, heavyweight chlorine-free merino wool and recycled polyester; 3.5mm neoprene (sleeves/legs) and 2.5mm neoprene (hood/external gasket) lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester
- 2021 g (71.3 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
Used Wetsuit Info
Here at Cleanline Surf we are stoked to be able to help you get great Used Gear so you can start having fun and we can give the gear a second life! Most importantly, we want to make sure you have the right fit, the right design and genuinely the right gear for what YOU are doing. That means you walk away with something that truly fits what you need so that days, weeks and months down the road you are stoked on your purchase.
Used product comes in with varying degrees of wear so you should be aware some equipment may need a bit of TLC before another round of adventuring. Each item is priced according to its condition, its age, its features and its relevancy in our store, the sport and the marketplace. This is why you may see two of the same type surfboard or wetsuit model with two very different prices.
In general, we think that nothing compares to being able to see, feel and scrutinize the gear you are interested in, however, we know that isn't feasible for a lot of our customers. No worries, our awesome staff is here to see, feel and scrutinize these things for you. For any questions or inquiries please feel free to call us at 503-738-7888 or 888-546-6176 or use our CONTACT USpage.
All of the Used Wetsuits we sell are in generally good to near excellent condition and have been inspected for any signs of extreme wear. In many cases a suit will be returned after just one use and will be in near perfect condition. For each suit we check the general look and flexibility of the neoprene, we make sure all the stitches and seams are secure and that there are no unrepaired holes (unless otherwise noted). Each of these suits have been used to varying degrees therefore you may find small, insignificant signs of wear or small repaired tears but the suits are structurally sound and fully functional.
Cleanline Surf is happy to pay the return shipping on a used wetsuit purchase if necessary. We ask that you have your order receipt or other documentation regarding the original sale, the suit must be dry and clean of sand, pet hair, ect. and the return must take place within 30 days of the sales date.
Used Wetsuits may not be for everyone, but for those of you that are interested, here are a few pointers about buying a used suit.
- A wetsuit that is rinsed in fresh water and dried in the shade or moderate sun after every use can add quite a bit of life to the suit. Here at Cleanline Surf, we know how true that is. Any wetsuits that come from our used inventory have been cared for in exactly that way. Any of the suits you see on our site will be dry, clean and ready for use.
- Used wetsuits come with a little wear and tear already, it's well known that suits that are used daily or multiple times a week will last about one season but a suit that is only lightly used (once or twice a week) will last up to 3 or 4 seasons. Most all of our used suits listed online are lightly used, some have only been used once, that's a lot of life left for a great price!
- If a wetsuit develops a rip, tear, split or any kind of small hole (less than 2 or 3 inches), this hole can be easily and cheaply fixed. There are many products available to repair a suit that are affordable and easy to use. Just a dab of Seal Cement Wetsuit Glue and a short wait will fix most small problems or the Iron Mend Patch Repair Kit can tackle the more tricky ones.
- Wetsuits tend to get a bit smelly from the constant wetness and sea water. You should also be aware that some wetsuit owners pee in their wetsuits. Some people really never pee in their suit but honestly they are pretty rare. There are a few reasons people do this, one being that it makes you feel warm on a cold day, another being there is just too much hassle to get out of the water, undress, pee, get dressed again, get back in the water. If you are totally grossed out by this, you should get a new wetsuit. The good news is that when washed thoroughly with Wetsuit Shampoo and/or MiraZyme Odor Eliminator the suit will be nice and fresh. Here at Cleanline Surf, we practice this cleansing routine with our rental suits everyday, and trust us.. it works!
Check out or current Used Wetsuits HERE!
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we storngly urge you to call us for experty advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
To find out information regarding possible warranty coverage for this Used Wetsuit: please contact us at 503-738-7888 or 888-546-6176.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.