The new Pyrotech 5.5/4mm Hooded Wetsuit is in. These are Fall 2013 wetsuits from the O’Neill line and Cleanline Surf is the first to have them. The Pyrotech wetsuit is the replacement to the O’Neill RG8 wetsuit series and this year it has been revamped with the new TechnoButter Neoprene exclusive to O’Neill’s wetsuit line. Basically this is my new favorite wetsuit. O’Neill took their RG8 series, which was already my favorite suit, and took out the poly-fleece lining, and replaced the neoprene with the lighter, and more flexible TechnoButter Neoprene.
How much lighter is it?
The Technobutter neoprene is boasted to be 20% lighter, and absorbs 30% less water. I’m not sure what neoprene they are comparing it too(they don’t say for some reason) hmmm, but that doesn’t really matter. When I pick the suit up it is noticeably lighter than the RG8 in the same thickness. That is without getting the suit wet. Once it’s wet I don’t have the personal experience to give an opinion yet, but from what I’ve heard the suit feels much lighter in the water also. Look for a full review from a staff member at Cleanline Surf in the near future.
O’Neill’s new Pyrotech Series Combines our exclusive Technobutter-Air Firewall insulation, Single Fluid Seam Weld and F.U.Z.E Closure System. Lighter, warmer, more insulating and quick drying with improved ease of entry. Pyrotech is the latest advancement in cold water wetsuit technology from the leaders in innovation for over 60 years.
Style # 4194
Retail Price: $439.95
- Attached Hood
- F.U.Z.E Front Upper Zip Entry with Code Red Zipper and Drain Holes
- Single Fluid Seam Weld(Watertight Stitchless Technology) – Keeps water from entering at all seams and critical points.
- Technobutter & Technobutter-Air Firewall Neoprene – The most advanced super stretch neoprene available on the market. 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption with quick dry properties.
- Super Seal Cuffs – O’Neill’s new Super Seal Cuff is fused to create a very low profile at the cuff ending creating the best seal ever.
- Krypto Knee Padzz
- External Key Pocket with Loop
- Plasma Wrist and Ankle Seals
- LSD – Lumbar Seamless Design
Questions or Comments?
Use the form below to tell us what you think.
Latest posts by Matt Gabriel (see all)
- Gifts for Surfers: 29 Awesome and Affordable Gift Ideas - 18 November, 2016
- Firewire Surfboards LFT Construction - 21 March, 2014
- The 7 Best Women’s Cold Water Wetsuits for 2014 - 5 March, 2014