A fresh face in the line-up this year is the Slingshot Wave SST Kite. This radical new kite has a design that will redefine the meaning of a true surf-specific kite. The Wave SST (Slingshot Surf Technology) features a Compact-C canopy and compact direct-connect bridal that looks like a cross between an RPM and a Rally, but performs unlike any kite on the market.
Built with significant and unrivaled upgrades to Slingshot’s already bombproof construction, the Wave SST (offered in 6, 8, 10 and 12 meter sizes) is sturdy enough to take a pounding in the surf, but light enough to track magically downwind, downloop on a dime and whip across the window at the flick of a wrist. For kiters serious about taking their wave skills to the next level, the Wave SST is the kite to take them there. The Wave SST is equipped with a modified version of Slingshot’s revolutionary shock-absorbing IRS bridal (featured on the 2015 RPM), which provides instant feedback and response, unrivaled stability and is condensed enough that it can’t get wrapped around wingtips if rolled in the surf. With a shape that favors serious downwind drift, unbelievable turning speed even when fully sheeted-out and a feather-light feel when shredding down the line, slashing faces and bottom-turning, the Wave SST has set a new standard for what a wave kite can do for its riders.
Slingshot coined the term “Surf Tough” nearly 15 years ago with its unique seam technology, and its designers have taken that concept to another level with the Wave SST. The kite is constructed with an extra heavy duty Rip Stop Surf Grid canopy material and has extra panels reinforced in a gridded quilt pattern to provide increased strength in the event of a water landing. These upgrades compliment Slingshot’s already rock-solid construction that makes our kites the most resilient on the market.
Although built specifically for surf, the Wave SST is also an outstanding kite for easy-going strapless riders and the rapidly-growing faction of foil boarders due to its incredible depower, feather-light feel and unrivaled turning characteristics. For customized performance, the kite features three trailing edge attachment points which result in more or less bar pressure and sensitivity depending on which point is chosen. All of Slingshot’s 2016 kites come with the One Pump Speed System, which increases inflation efficiency to get you out on the water faster and with less energy than before.
- COMPACT C: Blends the proven C kite performance characteristics like power, stability, edging, control and direct feel with an innovative compact wave shape that delivers faster turns, improved aerodynamics and increased rigidity. Allows for a feather lite feel and a kite capable of flying further forward i the wind window.
- THREE STRUT: Improves the drifting capabilities.
- COMPACT DIRECT CONNECT BRIDLE: A much more compact bridle design built to eliminate line tangle in the surf.
- MODIFIED IRS BRIDLE: The Wave SST is equipped with a modified version of Slingshot's revolutionary shock-absorbing IRS Bridle, which provides instant feedback and response, unrivaled stability and is condensed enough that it can't get wrapped around wingtips if rolled in the surf.
- RIP STOP SURF GRID: A material with extra panels reinforced in a gridded quilt pattern providing increased strength in high stress areas.
- RE-ENFORCED SEAMS: Reinforced glued seams and additional stitching increases the durability and the life of the kite.
- T9600 TEIJIN CANOPY: A high tenacity polyester yarn that is tear resistant, super light yet very durable.
- 45° ANTI-RIP BIAS CUT: Panel layout and construction has been designed, built and cut to stop rips and tears before they start. Tapes seams aid in protecting against weak points as well.
- ONE PUMP SPEED SYSTEM: Dramatically reduces inflation effort and time during setup, as well as making for a faster, easier, hassle-free deflation of the kite.
- SPLIT-STRUT INTEGRATION: Split-Strut integrates the strut and canopy into a unified wing creating a light, stable, and more durable kite. This construction is proven to enhance power delivery under heavy load and creates efficiency in the overall frame.
- TRI-TECH PRODUCTION: Ballistic Kevlar, Mark Cloth and Neoprene. Individual scuff guards, strategically placed in the most vulnerable areas of the kite to optimize durability.
- SURF TOUGH SEAMS: Sets the standard for minimizing and containing canopy tear. Now with improved, reinforced trailing edge durability.
Write Your Own Review
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy