Sexwax Quick Humps and Dream Cream surfboard wax formulas are the "go to" choice for professional and experienced surfers around the world. Sexwax Dream Cream Top Coat formulas were designed to afford maximum stickiness and traction when used in conjunction with a Sexwax Quick Humps Basecoat. Dream Cream wax should be used as a TOPCOAT ONLY.
Dream Cream Silver is primarily used in Cold and Cool water - It is not as soft and sticky as Dream Cream Gold but has significantly elevated levels of both softness and stickiness. This wax should be used sparingly. not much is needed. It is somewhat messy and should be handled with care.
WHEN SHOULD I USE A BASECOAT/TOPCOAT COMBINATION?
- When you want to increase the stickiness you get with your single wax application without sacrificing stability.
HOW DO BASECOAT & TOPCOAT COMBINATIONS WORK?
- A harder Basecoat formula provides Stability Under Foot with a long lasting surface texture that can hold the softer Topcoat wax in place and prevent it from moving or rubbing away at strategic points on the deck of your surfboard.
- Once you have a firm Basecoat, your Topcoat wax can be much softer and stickier than anything you could use without a Basecoat.
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR BASECOAT/TOPCOAT COMBINATIONS?
- A Basecoat must be sufficiently hard to remain stable at the current water temperature.
- You can use anything you want as a Topcoat wax as long as it is softer than your Basecoat wax.
CHOOSING A BASECOAT/TOPCOAT COMBINATION
- Use Quick Humps as a basecoat with a Dream Cream or Quick Humps Topcoat for increased levels of both stickiness and stability
- Using a harder wax for your basecoat will take more effort but your basecoat will be more effective and last longer.
- If increasing temperatures will soon be realized due to seasonal change or travel then make sure your basecoat is hard enough for the warmest conditions that will be encountered.
Write Your Own Review
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.