The Rip Curl H-Bomb Heated Vest continues to deliver the ultimate in power heated technology. When you are cold in the water, it is miserable, and no matter how good the waves, if you are shivering, it's not going to be fun. The H-Bomb vest allows for hours of comfort and warmth in even the most frigid waves and is water-proofed for serious in-surf use. This versatile surf vest is made with Rip Curls flexible and lightweight E4 neoprene, has a soft lining and an easy entry side zipper. A rechargeable battery plugs into the heating element and radiates warmth up the coils to both the upper and lower back. A welcome feeling when the cold creeps in.
The H-Bomb Vest has either a low and high setting to choose from and vibrates to distinguish between the two. Simply press the activation button and hold it down. It will begin to vibrate in pulses and then later a steady vibration. If you let go of the button during the pulsing phase, you get low heat. If you hold the battery button during this phase and let go during the steady vibration, you will get the high setting. You can get nearly 2 or 3 hours of heat depending on which setting you use, something you'll definitely appreciate on cold mornings and blustery days.
Set up is a piece of cake, simply plug the charged battery into its connection tucked discreetly into the zippered side pocket along your side, slide the battery unit in, then just zip up and go. This is the absolute ultimate in power heated vests and utilizes only the very best materials and components. The H-Bomb can be worn under any wetsuit or with boardshorts, and the applications don't have to stop in the surf. Use the vest white water kayaking, paddle-boarding, on jet-skis or even while wading deep in freezing creeks trying to land a nice fat salmon. The H-Bomb Heated Vest truly opens up new possibilities in the realm of cold water fun.
- Ultimate Heating System - Carbon Fiber Heating System with two temperature settings. Covers more than 4 times the competitors heating area.
- Slim-line Power Source - Single battery system with built in switch. Rechargeable lithium-ion 7.4v battery encased in engineered waterproof casing. Vibration controlled switch with built in LED light.
- Marine Grade Waterproof Components - Marine Grade Stainless steel, Military Standard seals, Gold Plated Pin connectors and non-corrosive Carbon Fiber. This system is dedicated to In-Water Use.
- 100% E4 Neoprene - 0.3mm of the lightest, most flexible and warmest neoprene to date.
- Maximum Comfort - The vest has a soft interior lining to provide maximum warmth and comfort.
- Side Zip Entry - Easy in and out, reduces stress on heating system.
- Rip Curl Wetsuits H-Bomb Heated Vest Works WellReview by ChrisRI ChrisRI
RatingIn the cold water of RI, this vest has been great to provide a boost when the cold starts to creep in. This is just one piece in the puzzle of staying warm in freezing weather and it won't solve major issues with your wetsuit, boots or gloves, but it DID help warm my core and keep me out twice as long as normal.(Posted on 2/17/2016) 2016-02-17
I've read and heard about the quality control issues, and indeed my first vest had a control button that was dead on arrival, but the helpful folks out cleanlinesurf sorted it quickly and at no additional cost. I'm more optimistic about the new one. The neoprene itself is good quality and seems well made. The side zip is a prone to unzipping a few clicks and can bee slightly uncomfortable, but that's it. It would be awesome if the battery tech was further along (for all our wireless devices) and this unit lasted longer, especially when on the high setting, but so far it's outlasted my shoulders, mostly because I turn it on about half way through a session.
Also, protip: I used a little dielectric grease on the prongs and ports to ensure the electrical connection stays strong and corrosion-free. Hopefully that provides a little boost to the longevity of this great vest.
- Rip Curl Wetsuits H-Bomb Heated Vest Second degree burnReview by Brian Brian
RatingI've had my H-Bomb for three weeks now and I believe I took pretty damn good care of it. Today I found the irritating spot in the middle of my back was not just a minor irritation, it was actually burning at the junction of the panels and it's now a deep blister the size of a quarter. I'm in the process of trying to contact rip curl and waiting for a reply. Just know that there are risks with this product!(Posted on 1/19/2016) 2016-01-19
- Rip Curl Wetsuits H-Bomb Heated Vest Great vestReview by Cold in NY Cold in NY
RatingI will surf in NY in the winter with a minimum combine temp of 90 degree if you add both the air and water. I use the suit under a RipCurl E-bomb 4/3 and it works great so far. Much more reliable than my Thermalution Heated Undersuit which did not work after 3 years and never worked reliably. It was always "hope it works today" kind of thing. I worried that the single battery in the rip curl would not last but It has given me 2 hours in the water on low and then 20 minutes on high during the wetsuit change by the car in 45 degree air. I have yet to run out of power in the suit. I am going to try the suit in January with a combine temp of an 80 degree day if we have them. I really need to travel or move.(Posted on 1/7/2016) 2016-01-07
Oh the suit runs really small so buy 1 or 2 sizes bigger than you think. I am 5.11, 195 and the XXL fits. I was a Large in the Thermalation Suit. These suits are great for older backs and spines.
Write Your Own Review
- 3 year warranty on all stitching for wetsuits
- 12 month warranty on materials for wetsuits
- Wetsuit Accessories (such as boots, gloves, hoods) carry a 3-month warranty from date of purchase
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING :
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Use in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instruction provided with this product.
- This product when classified as being 2nd hand or it is being sold as a 2nd (it is being sold as a product with existing defects).
- Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
- Wetsuits repaired by other repair service.
To ensure you're covered by the best guarantee in the business, please make sure you keep your proof of purchase in a safe place.
USING THE WARRANTY
Rip Curl Wetsuits repair service
Send it back to Rip Curl by certified mail, along with proof of purchase (receipt or invoice). Your wetsuit will be returned to you as soon as possible free of charge (if covered under warranty).
RIP CURL WETSUITS - REPAIR
Rip Curl USA
3030 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy