"The Rip Curl hooded flash bomb had been bumped up to a 5.5/4 this year and some might think this would inhibit flexibility but with the added Aquaban Plus seams this suit remains on par for flexibility with the previous model. This makes the suit quite a bit warmer while still being the flexible flash bomb we've come to expect. With this years flash bomb you'll easily get down in the low 40's and stay toasty warm!"
As Rip Curl's flagship hooded wetsuit, the Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip is packed with features and constructed using a vast array of quality materials and technology. Made for the surfer that wants the best wetsuit possible, the Flash Bomb pulls out all the stops with 100% E4 Neoprene, E4 Flash Lining, E4 Taped Seams, and Aquaban Plus External Seal.
This Three Time SIMA Award Winner continues to be the world's fastest drying cold water suit, dry to the touch in only 15 minutes. Full featured, and backed by a killer warranty, Rip Curl provides a top of the line high performance cold water wetsuit that is hard to beat.
Neoprene: 100% E4 NEOPRENE
Seams: Internal E4+ Tape and External Aquaban Plus Seam Seal
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2014/2015
Manufactures Part Number: WSU4OF
E4 FLASH DRY LINING - No more pulling on a wet, cold wetsuit! Flash Lining is constructed of 2 engineered layers that funnel the water rapidly out of the suit once it is hung up. Also one of the warmest and most comfortable linings available. Dry fast - Surf More!
100% E4 NEOPRENE - The lightest, most flexible and warmest neoprene ever.
E4+ TAPE WITH AQUABAN PLUS COMBO - Double taped to create the ultimate waterproof seal. External seams are sealed with improved Aquaban Plus liquid tape with slimline bead and more stretch. Internal seams are taped with E4+ Super Stretch Tape allowing unrestricted stretch and comfort.
Stitchless Seam Technology - No pinhole leaks and more stretch for unrestricted flexibility and maximum movement.
Easy Chest Zip entry with lightweight, durable zipper
E4 Action Panels
4 Way Back Stretch
Adjustable Lock Slide Shock Cord
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Super nice suitReview by Brian Brian
RatingI have had countless suits over the last 30 years. I currently have suits from three brands, the rip curl being the warmest most comfortable of any 5 mil I have worn.(Posted on 9/29/2015) 2015-09-29
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Excellent. Give it a "5.5" out of 5 Stars!!!!!Review by Marcoaster Marcoaster
RatingAloha to Josh & the Cleanline Crew,(Posted on 9/29/2015) 2015-09-29
I want to thank you all for the super-cool gear and expert help! The new wetsuit (Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2015) is perfect and your extra help to find the right model and size is much appreciated. Your attention to details in returning the dry bag is a solid indicator of the great products and expert services.
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 nothing better Review by dave dave
RatingThis wetsuit is the best you can buy!!! Easy entry ,fast drying realy warm and flexible !!!(Posted on 8/19/2015) 2015-08-19
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 This is the bombReview by Leandro Leandro
RatingIt is more comfortable than the previous model and can not believe how warm it is.(Posted on 7/7/2015) 2015-07-07
I can now surf all year yeah !!!!!
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Flashbomb is improvedReview by Droprightin2 Droprightin2
RatingHis suit has better lighter neoprene and better flash lining better chest zip and a key pocket without the horrible zipper.(Posted on 4/2/2015) 2015-04-02
Always warm and allows endless sessions when those who need thin hood less suits are freezing
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Fantastic so farReview by kcrowebasspro kcrowebasspro
RatingThis is an early review. I wore this suit the past three days surfing Lake Michigan with air temperatures around 32-38 degrees F, and water temperatures around 42 degrees F. The suit was incredible warm. On the warmer day (38 degrees air temp), I was sweating.(Posted on 12/9/2014) 2014-12-09
The suit also dries pretty quickly. I surfed and afternoon session and had a dry suit for the morning. I'll leave more info as the winter rolls along. But, I was impressed enough with the Flash Bomb material to just order the boots and mittens.
- Rip Curl Flash Bomb 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 suit and cust serv are amazing !Review by tom tom
Ratingthese suits are awesome and the cust serv is even better !! Cleanline sent me a hand written thank you letter with my order and i will for sure order from them again !(Posted on 10/10/2014) 2014-10-10
Write Your Own Review
At Cleanline Surf we specialize in sizing Rip Curl Wetsuits. Every brand fits a bit different so if you have any doubt about what size wetsuit to get, we strongly urge you to call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts. Getting the right size is extremely important and in the end it will save you both time and money by avoiding a return.
|SIZE||HEIGHT||WEIGHT||CHEST||WAIST||ARM LENGTH||LEG LENGTH|
Full Rip Curl Wetsuit Size Chart
- 3 year warranty on all stitching for wetsuits
- 12 month warranty on materials for wetsuits
- Wetsuit Accessories (such as boots, gloves, hoods) carry a 3-month warranty from date of purchase
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING :
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Use in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instruction provided with this product.
- This product when classified as being 2nd hand or it is being sold as a 2nd (it is being sold as a product with existing defects).
- Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
- Wetsuits repaired by other repair service.
To ensure you're covered by the best guarantee in the business, please make sure you keep your proof of purchase in a safe place.
USING THE WARRANTY
Rip Curl Wetsuits repair service
Send it back to Rip Curl by certified mail, along with proof of purchase (receipt or invoice). Your wetsuit will be returned to you as soon as possible free of charge (if covered under warranty).
RIP CURL WETSUITS - REPAIR
Rip Curl USA
3030 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy