"The best non-hooded 5mm back zip for under $200.00. It's 100% E4 superstretch, glued and blind stitched, and what really separates the Dawn Patrol from other suits in this price range is that it's 90% taped on the inside. In a nutshell it's warm, flexible and durable. We like it so much we use it in our rental fleet."
Rip Curl's Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit. This is the third year this wetsuit has been available in a 5mm thickness, and it's now upgraded with E4 Neoprene! For the surfer who wants a quality wetsuit from the leading brand, incorporating some high end features, at an economical price, look no further. The Dawn Patrol boasts a complete redesign with additional features giving it the fit and feel of a high end suit at a great price. The suit is now 100% SuperStretch utilizing an E4 and Freeflex combination. We have also added Flash Lining to the chest and a Batwing to provide minimal water entry through the back zip.
Neoprene: E4 Neoprene
Seams: GBS(Glued and Blind Stitched)
Zipper: Back Zip
Model Year: 2014/2015
Manufactures Part Number: WSM4FM
E4 NEOPRENE - The fourth generation of Elastomax Superstretch Neoprene. Lighter, Warmer, and More Flexible.
BATWING SYSTEM - The Batwing provides a barrier from water entry and cold water flushes.
FIRESKIN LINING - (On Chest Panel)New and improved! Now thinner and lighter, but still the warmest available.
MESH SKIN - Smooth mesh panels that assort solar heat and reduce wind chill.
BLUE STEEL SEALED ZIP - Water resistant, steel head zipper with engineered overlapping teeth and a urethane coating.
STITCHLESS UNDERARMS - For unrestricted flexibility and maximum movement.
ULTRALITE - Exceptionally Durrable and Warm Neoprene with a Soft hand feel.
STRESS POINT TAPED - Tape is added to the key stress points and junctions to increase strength and durability.
GBS SEAMS - Glued and Blind Stitched
STASH POCKET - External zip pocket with key loop.
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit Best valueReview by Agatepaddler Agatepaddler
RatingVery flexible for an entry level suit. The suit is fully taped in the legs and body and with the back flap there is very little cold water intrusion.(Posted on 8/11/2015) 2015-08-11
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit so far works greatReview by Goldenwest Goldenwest
RatingThis year I've been surfing 40 years so I've tried a lot of different suits. Just got the suit. Been out about a dozen times central coast of Cali. I'm 6'4 210 got an xlt. Fits great really like the taped seams. Suits usually last me a year see how this does. Good ease of movement feels like a 4/3. Feels well put together, great price, fast delivery. Have recommended site to friends. Better selection and cheaper than local surf shops. Didn't give it a 5 , have to see how durable the suit is. Last Rip Curl true to its name ripped.(Posted on 8/9/2015) 2015-08-09
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit Great Product but AMAZING service!Review by Stunner Stunner
RatingI originally got an XL but it was too tight so I wound up going with an XXL. For Southern California, it's generally too warm for a 5/3 in the waters I've been in but it's a very comfortable and durable suit.(Posted on 6/25/2015) 2015-06-25
I have to say, the guys at Cleanline Surf are absolutely top notch. Brian and Matt have responded to my questions quickly and handled my problem more than very fairly. Thanks guys!!
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit Great suit for the priceReview by Hamakko Hamakko
RatingCan't complain, the suit is what I need for cheap. If you want more features, pay more. In addition, Cleanline is great! Customer service is top notch.(Posted on 5/11/2015) 2015-05-11
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit ripcurl dawn patrolReview by nate nate
RatingGreat wetsuit! I'm never cold(Posted on 4/28/2015) 2015-04-28
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit Great suitReview by MDM MDM
RatingUsed this in NY in 37 degree water and snow. Stayed in the water for about an hour and a half. Stayed warm.(Posted on 4/5/2015) 2015-04-05
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit Good ValueReview by Surferino Surferino
RatingThe flap designed to prevent back flushing often folds over onto itself making it difficult to reach when putting on the suit. Otherwise, the fit and finish is good.(Posted on 3/25/2015) 2015-03-25
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit Great Beginner WetsuitReview by Challey Challey
RatingThis suit replaced my old suit, which was a solid 5-4 O'Neil that I had been very happy with for years. I can tell you that I have a lot more mobility in the Dawn Patrol suit, and I am a lot warmer than before! The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is that it takes a while to dry while hanging, unlike some of the other technology that Ripcurl has that drys in 15 minutes. Aside from that, this is the best bang for your buck out there.(Posted on 10/16/2014) 2014-10-16
- Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 Back Zip Wetsuit good warm wettieReview by jae jae
RatingWarm wettie(Posted on 9/2/2014) 2014-09-02
Write Your Own Review
At Cleanline Surf we specialize in sizing Rip Curl Wetsuits. Every brand fits a bit different so if you have any doubt about what size wetsuit to get, we strongly urge you to call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts. Getting the right size is extremely important and in the end it will save you both time and money by avoiding a return.
|SIZE||HEIGHT||WEIGHT||CHEST||WAIST||ARM LENGTH||LEG LENGTH|
Full Rip Curl Wetsuit Size Chart
- 3 year warranty on all stitching for wetsuits
- 12 month warranty on materials for wetsuits
- Wetsuit Accessories (such as boots, gloves, hoods) carry a 3-month warranty from date of purchase
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING :
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Use in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instruction provided with this product.
- This product when classified as being 2nd hand or it is being sold as a 2nd (it is being sold as a product with existing defects).
- Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
- Wetsuits repaired by other repair service.
To ensure you're covered by the best guarantee in the business, please make sure you keep your proof of purchase in a safe place.
USING THE WARRANTY
Rip Curl Wetsuits repair service
Send it back to Rip Curl by certified mail, along with proof of purchase (receipt or invoice). Your wetsuit will be returned to you as soon as possible free of charge (if covered under warranty).
RIP CURL WETSUITS - REPAIR
Rip Curl USA
3030 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy