Patagonia R4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit
Calculated at checkout
The Fall 2013 Patagonia R4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit is finally here. The second installment of the warmest wetsuit on planet earth. With high-quality neoprene and a merino wool lining, the new R4® Front-Zip Hooded Full Suit offers excellent comfort and flexibility with a contoured 3-panel hood with an adjustable cord to seal in the heat. Features include anatomical patterning, 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, a heavyweight wool lining in the torso and thighs for warmth, and a lighter weight(orange) lining in the hood, sleeves and legs for increased performance and stretch. With simplified entry and enlarged PVC-free kneepads for long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2013/2014
Manufactures Part Number: 88036
Sizing: Patagonia Wetsuit Size Chart
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth; grid lining: torso/thighs lined with original, heavyweight chlorine-free merino wool and recycled polyester; sleeves/legs and hood/external gasket lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester
- Warm and soft merino wool dries quickly and reduces odor for the garment.
- One-piece front and back panels; internal/external neck gaskets (1.5mm neoprene with a polyester jersey surface and center-front key pocket at the base); overlapped front yoke for easy on/off
- Hood: neoprene 3-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit and easy on/off, adjustable cord provides snug fit around face, Supratex brim shields face from sun and sheds water
- Neoprene underarm panels have nylon jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; durable recycled polyester jersey fabric on the outside of seat and legs; anatomically engineered PVC-free kneepads; wrist/ankle cuffs are made with flexible, durable Supratex material; which helps reduce flushing
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations
- 100% external seam sealing; seams are single-needle blindstitched on the outside with nylon bonded thread, and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped
- 4.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with original, heavyweight chlorine-free merino wool and recycled polyester; 3.5mm neoprene (sleeves/legs) and 2.5mm neoprene (hood/external gasket) lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester
----PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee----
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
----Wetsuit Care Guideline----
Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Find Similar Products by Tag
based on 2 customer reviews
Warm, flexible, and will outlast any other suit out there.
Posted by Matt - Cleanline Employee
5th Nov 2013
The fall 2013 Patagonia R4 is a huge upgrade. Much more flexible, and lightweight, and still just as durable. For those that are familiar with the previous R4 you will notice the new R4's max thickness is 4.5mm compared to the 5mm of last years so I can't say this suit is as warm as it used to be.
That isn't to say it is not extremely warm though. Merino wool adds about a millimeter of neoprene warmth to these suits, making this suit as warm as a 5.5mm suit.
Another upgrade I noticed was the hood this year. It is extremely comfortable and does a great job at keeping water out, while giving you a free range of motion.
Overall I would say this suit more than satisfies my wetsuit needs, and though it may seem pricey, the fact that it will last longer will make it worth it.
Its like peeing in your wetsuit, ALL the time
Posted by Brad white
24th Sep 2013
I picked this up at the Cannon Beach Cleanline a few weeks back and have used it a few times since.
I usually wear a MT but for the R4 I had to go to a LT I couldn't get the Medium to fit over my shoulders... I am over all very happy with its warmth and flexibility.
Our return policy has been temporarily extended to accomadate Holiday Shoppers. Any items purchased after November 15th May be Returned Or Exchanged as late as January 31st. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange.
Full Return Policy