The advanced design features, unique close fit, and stable design of the Gath helmet with Retractable Visor (RV) have made it a world leader since 1992. The full face visor is fully adjustable to any position within its range to provide both total vision and maximum face protection against the damaging elements of sun, wind and salt water spray. The RV comes standard with a gray visor fitted, but other visor colors are also available. All visor colors block more than 98% of UV light. Audio vents are fully adjustable to meet your needs.
A storage bag is included. Weight: 460-510g.
The Gath helmet with Retractable Visor has long been favored by:
• Surfers in the tropics (pull the visor down for sun protection)
• Rescue services (visor protects from helicopter prop wash and spray encountered while driving PWC)
• Whitewater river enthusiasts (due to near total face and head protection).
1. To provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT (resist dislodging or displacement due to bucketing, rocks or snags), even after the second or third "hit" or "bump."
2. To be easily adjustable to fit head size and shape.
3. To be light weight (360-420g) and low profile so that it will not cause unnecessary water resistance and/or neck strain.
4. To be versatile, adjustable for water or weather conditions.
5. To be durable (multiple impact) and low maintenance (easy-to-clean, fast-to-dry liner, marine quality components).
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications. They are built to last and are backed with a 3-year warranty. All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
• Shell: UV-stable, impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic.
• See-Through Visors: UV-stable, shatterproof, quality polycarbonate plastic.
• Peak Visor: UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic.
• Liner: Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam.
• Comfort Strip: Soft, closed-cell EVA foam.
• Fittings: All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials.
• Retention system: Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing, standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort.
Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
Our return policy has been temporarily extended to accomadate Holiday Shoppers. Any items purchased after November 15th May be Returned Or Exchanged as late as January 31st. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange.