Pared-down and packable, the Torrentshell is an H2No® Performance Standard 2.5-layer nylon waterproof/breathable hard shell for seriously wet weather.
Aside from stunning landscapes, Southern Patagonia is known for one thing: wet weather. For trekking and hiking in drenching conditions, our Torrentshell Jacket provides H2No® Performance Standard protection that's durable, lightweight and versatile. The 2.5-layer nylon jacket has a waterproof/breathable barrier, a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish and stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (with a carabiner clip-in loop); the hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor; the center zipper has minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps; and the ventilating pit zips have storm flaps and Deluge DWR-treated zippers. With a microfleece-lined neck, hook-and-loop cuff closures and a drawcord hem.
- H2No® Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable 2.5-layer nylon ripstop
- 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Pockets: two zippered handwarmers and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-finished zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out elements
- Stows in self-stuff handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.6-oz 50-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 320 g (11.3 oz)
- This garment has a Regular Fit
- Made in Vietnam.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof barrier and a raised pattern on the inside, instead of the interior scrim used in 3-layer fabrics. The raised pattern makes 2.5-layer fabric light and compressible, while still protecting the waterproof barrier.
Deluge® DWR; Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.
- Patagonia Women's Torrentshell Jacket - Aloe Green The Oregonian's rain coatReview by Bryn - Cleanline Staff Bryn - Cleanline Staff
RatingAt age 28 I had not owned a "Raincoat", well maybe one my mom made me where when I was like 7, but as an adult I always just rock a hooded sweatshirt and call it good. That was until I moved to the coast. I tried rocking my snowboard coat, but the insulation was too much for the mild climate out here, I finally caved and bought the Torrentshell because, well, EVERYONE had one. I love it! It's so light, I don't feel restricted or weighed down, AND it packs into a sweet lil raincoat square that makes it incredibly easy to bring with when traveling.(Posted on 2/26/2014) 2014-02-26
Write Your Own Review
Patagonia Women’s Clothing Size Chart
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30″, "regular" is 32″ and "long" is 34″, unless otherwise noted.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.