Pared-down and packable, the Torrentshell is an H2No® Performance Standard 2.5-layer nylon waterproof/breathable hard shell for seriously wet weather.
Aside from stunning landscapes, Southern Patagonia is known for one thing: wet weather. For trekking and hiking in drenching conditions, our Torrentshell Jacket provides H2No® Performance Standard protection that's durable, lightweight and versatile. The 2.5-layer nylon jacket has a waterproof/breathable barrier, a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish and stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (with a carabiner clip-in loop); the hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor; the center zipper has minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps; and the ventilating pit zips have storm flaps and Deluge DWR-treated zippers. With a microfleece-lined neck, hook-and-loop cuff closures and a drawcord hem.
- H2No® Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable 2.5-layer nylon ripstop
- 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Pockets: two zippered handwarmers and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-finished zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out elements
- Stows in self-stuff handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.6-oz 50-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 320 g (11.3 oz)
- This garment has a Regular Fit
- Made in Vietnam.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof barrier and a raised pattern on the inside, instead of the interior scrim used in 3-layer fabrics. The raised pattern makes 2.5-layer fabric light and compressible, while still protecting the waterproof barrier.
Deluge® DWR; Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.
- Patagonia Women's Torrentshell Jacket - Aloe Green The Oregonian's rain coatReview by Bryn - Cleanline Staff Bryn - Cleanline Staff
RatingAt age 28 I had not owned a "Raincoat", well maybe one my mom made me where when I was like 7, but as an adult I always just rock a hooded sweatshirt and call it good. That was until I moved to the coast. I tried rocking my snowboard coat, but the insulation was too much for the mild climate out here, I finally caved and bought the Torrentshell because, well, EVERYONE had one. I love it! It's so light, I don't feel restricted or weighed down, AND it packs into a sweet lil raincoat square that makes it incredibly easy to bring with when traveling.(Posted on 2/26/2014) 2014-02-26
Write Your Own Review
Patagonia Women’s Clothing Size Chart
|X-Small||0-2||32-33||24-25||34 1/2-35 1/2||31|
|Small||4-6||34-35||26-27||36 1/2-37 1/2||32|
|Medium||8-10||36-37||28-29||38 1/2-39 1/2||32|
|Large||12-14||38 1/2-40||30 1/2-32||41-42 1/2||32|
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 34, unless otherwise noted.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.