The Patagonia Women's R4 Yulex Hooded Wetsuit has gone leaps and bounds to provide ultimate warmth in the lineup while living up to making a more responsible footprint on land. The team at Patagonia has done this by eliminating traditional petroleum-based neoprene and utilizing their neoprene-free Yulex and synthetic rubber materials instead. What you get is a perfectly flexible, crazy warm wetsuit that does its part to make less of an impact on our environment.
The Patagonia Women's R4 Yulex Hooded Wetsuit will keep you comfortable in waters down beyond the low 40's, so you can explore the treasures of surf in frigid zones and reap the rewards in warmth. All the seams on the R4 are glued and blind-stitched for durability, internally taped for additional strength and then externally sealed to keep water out. The floating front-zip features a corrosion-proof zipper and asymmetrical flap for better seal, stretch and range of motion through the chest and shoulders. Offering the same warmth and action ready attributes as conventional stretch neoprene, plant-based Yulex rubber is blended with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone and UV resistance to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability.
Patagonia's Yulex Wetsuit movement is a push to break away from the non-renewable, energy-intensive manufacturing of neoprene by embracing the use of natural and synthetic rubber, reducing CO2 emissions and helping the industry shift to cleaner and better materials. A toasty warm, feminine cut neoprene-free hooded wetsuit, the Women's R4 Yulex is another one of Patagonia's examples of the highest quality materials paired with cutting edge technology, made by surfers that only want the best.
Neoprene: Yulex Natural Rubber/Synthetic Rubber
Seams: 100% Sealed and Taped
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2016/2017
Manufactures Part Number: 88448
- Made with neoprene-free Yulex® natural rubber/chlorine-free synthetic rubber that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability
- 5.5mm of 85% Yulex Pure Natural Rubber/15% Synthetic Rubber in the Torso/Thighs
- 4mm of 85% Yulex Pure Natural Rubber/15% Synthetic Rubber in the Arms/Legs
- 3.5mm Attached Hood with Adjustable Cord Lock
- Lightweight, Thermal Lining of 51% Recycled Polyester/44% Polyester/5% Spandex Inverted Microgrid in the Torso/Thighs that Minimizes Weight, Dries Fast and Offers Excellent Flexibility
- High-Stretch, 100% Recycled Polyester Jersey Lining in the Arms/Legs Improves Flexibility and Dry Time
- Exterior Face Fabric is 88% Recycled Polyester and 12% Spandex
- All Seams are Triple Glued and Blind-Stitched, Internally Taped and 100% Externally Sealed
- Asymmetrical Floating Front-Zip Features a Fully Replaceable, Corrosion-Proof Salmi® Zipper to Extend the Suit's Lifespan
- Supratex Kneepads and Ankle Cuffs for Maximum Durability and an Anatomic Fit
- Easy-Access Key Loop
- Derived from Sources which are Forest Stewardship Council® Certified by the Rainforest Alliance
- For Cold Water Ranging from 38 - 48° F / 3 - 9° C
- 1406 g (49.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia Women's R4 Yulex 5.5/4 Hooded Wetsuit Sizing SucksReview by Surferbrat Surferbrat
RatingIt is beyond unreasonable that Patagonia has stopped making wetsuits for women over 5'7. Their wetsuits ran unreasonably small already. When the Patagonia rep told me that they were no longer making women's suits over a size 10, I was really upset. Stephanie Gilmore, 6 time world champ is 5'10!!!(Posted on 2/3/2017) 2017-02-03
Write Your Own Review
At Cleanline Surf we specialize in sizing Women’s Patagonia Wetsuits. If you have any doubt about what size you need we strongly urge you to call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts. Getting the right size is extremely important and in the end it will save you both time and money by avoiding the need for a return.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Size Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy