One VW Kombi. Two weeks. Four boards. Unlimited waves. The new R1 Women's Back Zip Wetsuit completes your Aussie travel quiver. With high-quality, super-flexible 2.5mm neoprene and a lightweight polyester (50% recycled) lining in the torso and thighs, it offers you unparalleled stretch, comfort and warmth for performance-oriented surfing. Features include 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, anatomical patterning, heat-pressed ankle cuffs reduce hydraulic lift and flushing, simple front-zip entry and enlarged PVC-free kneepads for long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Back Zip
Model Year: 2013/2014
Manufactures Part Number: 87406
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Recycled polyester grid lining improves flexibility and dry time; one-piece front panel with minimal seam design increases flexibility
- Internal neck gasket prevents water entry; internal back flap blocks wind; flap has a recycled polyester grid lining, separating zipper teeth from skin for comfort; extended neck flap with a PU-molded hook-and-loop closure allows for a stronger seal and more comfort
- Neoprene underarm panels have recycled polyester jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; center-back zipper with crescent-shaped neoprene panel provides a better-seal and easier zip-up; zipper gusset has drain holes
- Wrist and ankle cuff edges are heat pressed, which reduce hydraulic lift and flushing; anatomically engineered PVC- free kneepads are made with flexible and durable Supratex material
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations
- Seams are single-needle blindstitched to the outside with nylon bonded thread and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped; 100% external seam sealing
- 2.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with recycled polyester thermal grid; 2mm (sleeves/legs) lined with lightweight recycled polyester
- 1063 g (37.5 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
At Cleanline Surf we specialize in sizing Women’s Patagonia Wetsuits. If you have any doubt about what size you need we strongly urge you to call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts. Getting the right size is extremely important and in the end it will save you both time and money by avoiding the need for a return.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Size Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.