Extend your wetsuits possibilities by adding extra insulation with the Patagonia Water Heater Hooded Vest. Designed to be worn under a wetsuit, it provides supplementary warmth for your head and core, extending any wetsuits thermal range. Use the Water Heater Vest to convert your hood-less wetsuit into hooded one that will stay warmer a bit longer into the cold weather, ensuring you get the most out of your suit. Constructed using high-quality neoprene that meets Patagonia's rigorous standards for strength and stretch, the vest fits close to your body while allowing full freedom of movement in the water making it super warm and comfortable.
The hood has a warm and quick-drying micro-grid thermal lining made with 67% all-recycled polyester content, while the body has a high-stretch 100% recycled liner and the entire garment has an exterior made of water-resistant, durable 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex. An outer neck baffle sits over the wetsuit neck to prevent water entry and the adjustable face opening has a cinch-locking elastic cord. Seams are glued and blindstitched for durability and comfort.
Extend your surf season! Turn your R2 wetsuit into an R3 or your hood-less R3 into an R4! Those coldwater barrels are calling and it's time to answer.
- Made with high quality neoprene that meets rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Adjustable face opening with elastic cord and cinch lock
- Outer neck baffle prevents water entry
- Glued and blindstitched construction
- Hood: 2mm neoprene; Hood Liner: 67% recycled polyester/28% polyester/5% spandex micro grid; Hood Exterior Face: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- Body: 1.5mm neoprene; Body Liner: High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey; Body Exterior Face: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- Made for cool to cold water: 48-60° F/9-16° C
- 386 g (13.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia Wetsuits Water Heater Hooded Vest A great IdeaReview by Riley Riley
RatingMakes my R3 a lot warmer, a great way to add some extra insulation and a hood.(Posted on 9/22/2016) 2016-09-22
Write Your Own Review
Patagonia Men’s Clothing Size Chart
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30″, "regular" is 32″ and "long" is 34″, unless otherwise noted.
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy