Hands getting cold in the surf? Made of high-quality, ultrawarm 7mm neoprene, the Patagonia Wetsuits R5 Lobster Mitts are designed for the most extreme midwinter surf conditions. Lined with hydrophobic, fast-drying low-pile recycled polyester micro-grid, the articulated construction conforms to the hand for a snug fit, while the three-Finger mitt design offers better mobility than a standard full-hand mitt. In the Canadian Maritimes, it doesn't really count as cold until it's 20 below and you're paddling through half-frozen slush... These are the perfect gloves for the job.
- 7mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic low-pile micro-grid made from recycled polyester
- PU-laminated palm and fingers increase grip and durability
- Articulated neoprene panels conform to hand for a snug, comfortable fit
- Three-finger mitt design allows for better mobility than a standard mitt design
- Cuffs and seams are reinforced with 1cm bartacks and Melco® glue dots
- Made for arctic water and air: 32 - 38° F / 0 - 3° C
- 181 g (6.4 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia Wetsuits R5 Lobster Mitts Nice!Review by Elin Elin
RatingMy fingers get pretty cold as my blood circulation is pretty bad to my hands. These mittens definitely kept my hands from freezing! I wouldn't say toasty but that's probably because the water was 2.2°C. They are definitely great as I wouldn't expect any gloves or mittens to keep me completely warm and toasty in such conditions. For someone who has better circulation than myself I believe these are going to be toasty!(Posted on 3/1/2016) 2016-03-01
- Patagonia Wetsuits R5 Lobster Mitts Outstanding!Review by cascadia surfrider cascadia surfrider
RatingJust purchased these gloves and used them this week. I was in mid 40's water and I'm always cold but not with these gloves. I stayed nice and toasty all sesson and once done I had no issues undressing with frozen hands. This is a quality made product you should expect from Patagonia and worth every penny. Quick and easy transaction from the Cleanline crew and quick shipping. Thats why I always shop with them even being all the way up on Vancouver Island!(Posted on 12/4/2015) 2015-12-04
- Patagonia Wetsuits R5 Lobster Mitts Bathtub water :)Review by Tommy Greene Tommy Greene
RatingJust got these the other weekend. I have not had them in completely frigid water yet but it was still low 40's. My hands felt like they were in a bathtub with warm water. Love this glove. Medium fit me perfectly.(Posted on 10/13/2015) 2015-10-13
Also I got starbursts and stickers in my box that was shipped to me! I will def be doing business again with Cleanline.
Write Your Own Review
|Glove Size||Hand Measurement|
|XXS||6″ / 15cm or less|
|XS||6-7″ / 15-17cm|
|S||7-8″ / 17-20cm|
|M||8-9″ / 20-23cm|
|L||9-10″ / 23-25.5cm|
|XL||10-11″ / 25.5-28cm|
|XXL||11″ / 28cm and up|
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy