The freshly redesigned Patagonia R4 Split Toe Wetsuit Boots are here and better than ever! By pulling out the Merino Wool and replacing it with a recycled thermal jersey lining Patagonia has kept the same amazing boot but made it lighter and more flexible. Made from durable 3mm and 5mm neoprene, the R4 Booties keep the winter cold at bay until it’s time to head in for dinner and a pint. Featuring a split toe design and heel lock for maximum dexterity; the split toe is externally wrapped for added warmth, and an asymmetrical wrap construction holds close to the foot for a secure fit.
Lined with hydrophobic, fast-drying low-pile recycled polyester micro-grid, these booties will keep you warm in chilly waters as you chase the swell up the coast. With well designed heavy duty construction and top quality materials, Patagonia wetsuit booties are decidedly warmer, wear longer and dry faster than the rest.
- 3mm and 5mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic low-pile micro-grid made from recycled polyester
- Asymmetrical wrap construction conforms to foot for a snug fit
- Split toe is externally wrapped for added warmth; rubber wrap reinforcement on outside of bootie and arch protect feet
- Rubber wrap reinforcement on outside of bootie and arch protect feet
- PU-laminated tab on bootie cuff and pull ring on heel for easy on/off
- 3mm bootie cuff reduces hydraulic lift around ankle
- Z-Strap closure locks foot in place for extra support
- Fine-grip rubber soles provides traction; seams are internally taped to prevent leakage
- Made for frigid water: 38 - 49° F / 3 - 9° C
- 430 g (15.2 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia Wetsuits R4 Split Toe Boots Best Boots Review by Tom Grenfell Tom Grenfell
RatingHotline boots, soles to thick, can't feel the board under my feet, but they're durable. Rip Curl flashbomb boots, great performance and warm, but I tore then apart in less than six months. Patagonia, performance and durability. Game Over!(Posted on 2/1/2016) 2016-02-01
- Patagonia Wetsuits R4 Split Toe Boots not that warmReview by trav trav
Ratingthey are good down to about 48-50 degrees. The upper part is 3mm thick. They run small.(Posted on 12/30/2015) 2015-12-30
- Patagonia Wetsuits R4 Split Toe Boots not worth the moneyReview by vanisle surfer vanisle surfer
RatingHad some rip curl flash bombs and was toasty as hell. These ones not so much. Good job on quality material used but needs to step up before I will purchase this again for Patagonia. My recommendation is Rip Curl F-bomb. Best boots I've worn and should of never tried these ones.(Posted on 9/12/2015) 2015-09-12
- Patagonia Wetsuits R4 Split Toe Boots Does the job for cold water kitingReview by Jim Jim
RatingThese are my second pair of R4 booties. A little different than my first pair, these have a red liner which makes it easy to get my feet into the booties. My first pair was a size 10, but were always going on a little hard. I decided to try the size 11 and while they go on easier, it is not a problem with water entering the top cuff. I thought that might be the tradeoff going one size up, but it isn't. I kite in the winter in the gorge where the water is extremely cold and my feet never get cold. These are worth every penny.(Posted on 2/6/2015) 2015-02-06
- Patagonia Wetsuits R4 Split Toe Boots not good for cold surfReview by steve steve
Ratingthese booties are not warm...very disappointed in patagonia in this one.(Posted on 11/17/2014) 2014-11-17
juts got off the water from a 60 min sesh in Newfoundland with the water temp at
6 degrees C and my feet were frozen stumps at the end.
Only warm boot i've surfed with so far has been the Dry-lock by Xcel
Write Your Own Review
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy