When it came to Patagonia wetsuits and wetsuit accessories, we wanted something warmer, more flexible, better fitting and tough enough to withstand extended use. Looking to what divers, sailors and fishermen had been using all these years to stay warm, in and on the ocean, we tried wool. For comfort and performance, we blend merino wool with polyester, and it’s this merino/polyester blend lining that gives our wetsuits their added warmth without added rubber. We make wetsuits in four weights for all water temperatures – R1® (warm), R2® (cool), R3® (cold), and R4® (frigid) – and in several cuts for men and women. Patagonia wetsuits are decidedly warmer than standard nylon-lined suits, but they also wear longer, dry faster and are made from post-consumer recycled polyester, merino wool softened without chlorine, and no PVC.
- Durable 1.5mm neoprene is laminated to a merino wool/recycled polyester jersey liner
- Merino wool is chlorine-free, soft next to skin, and stays warm even when wet; recycled polyester jersey adds durability
- Three-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit and easy on/off
- 1.5mm neoprene bib around neck tucks into wetsuit to prevent water entry
- Adjustable cord provides snug fit around face
- Supratex brim shields face from sun and sheds water
- All seams internally taped to prevent leakage
- 1.5mm neoprene lined with chlorine-free merino wool/recycled polyester jersey
- 167 g (5.9 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.