Fitted with a redesigned interior, the Patagonia R3 Insertable Wetsuit Hood is a warm and snug traditional style wetsuit hood. Made from flexible, high-quality 3mm neoprene, the R3 Insertable Hood offers essential warmth for your head and neck, letting you surf in colder conditions without stepping up to a winter suit. Lined with warm, hydrophobic low-pile recycled polyester micro-grid, the contoured three-panel construction conforms to the head for comfort while an adjustable cord provides a snug fit around the face. The 1.5mm neoprene neck bib tucks into your suit to prevent flushing, and the Supratex brim shields your face from rain or sun.
- 3mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic low-pile micro-grid made from recycled polyester
- Three-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit
- 1.5mm neoprene bib around neck tucks into wetsuit to prevent water entry
- Supratex brim shields face from sun
- Adjustable cord provides snug fit around face
- Seams are internally taped to prevent leakage
- Made for cold water: 48 - 55° F / 8 - 12° C
- 158 g (5.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy