Patagonia R3 Chest-Zip Full Suit Wetsuit
- High-quality 3mm neoprene backed by a recycled polyester/chlorine-free wool grid laminate to increase warmth by creating a larger dead air space (Patented)
- 3mm neoprene underarm panels are backed by polyester jersey for greater stretch while paddling
- Recycled polyester jersey on butt and legs decreases environmental impact
- All seams are glued; critical seams are glued and blindstitched
- Internal pullover-style neck gasket (1.5mm neoprene with a polyester jersey surface and key pocket at front of internal gasket) enhances the seal at the neck and prevents water from flushing into the suit
- Zipper seams are blindstitched for a clean-finished exterior on the zipper gusset and to eliminate potential seam abrasion
- Base of the zipper gusset has drain holes to release internal water
- Hook-and-loop closure on the neck flap is set off to the side to reduce chafing
- Wrist and ankle seams are clean-finished, reinforced and shielded with coverage tabs for increased durability
- One-piece front and back panels eliminate the need for a weak T-joint seam in the crotch
- Anatomical, PVC-free kneepads are more durable, provide more grip and create less environmental damage than traditional kneepads
- Patagonia Wetsuit - R3 Chest-Zip Full Suit - 2012/2013 R3 Lives Up To The HypeReview by Unknown Unknown
RatingI had been wanting a Patagonia for a couple years now and finally found a deal on this site that made me jump (black friday sale). The service was top notch and I even spoke with the owner (I think) about the suit sizes and feel. I originally ordered the R3 with the hood and upon trying it on I was not happy. (Side Note: The coldest the water ever gets where I live is about 51 Deg F so a high end big brand 4/3 usually does the trick. I'm 6'2" and tip the scales at 175lbs.) The suit size was an LT but the hood felt like it came off a kids suit and the neck didn't seem long enough. Maybe I have a large head and long neck??! Anyways, the back felt really stiff and I was fairly disappointed. I returned the suit thinking I needed a bigger size and no hood. After speaking with someone at the shop, he convinced me to stick with the LT as it would stretch over time. Glad I did, the new suit they sent felt a little better in the shoulders so I took it out for a test drive. It was very warm and surprisingly flexible in the water. After about 20 sessions it still feels stiff on land but I somehow can't notice it in the water, never really could. As for the wool itch? Non existent. Buy this suit when it's on sale!(Posted on 4/7/2012) 2012-04-07
- Patagonia Wetsuit - R3 Chest-Zip Full Suit - 2012/2013 First surf with the R3 a pleasureReview by Morgan Morgan
RatingGot the suit, put it on and surfed 15 degree Celsius, powerful 5 footers with a cold strong offshore.(Posted on 12/2/2011) 2011-12-02
Being a new suit and reading some reviews I´d seen about the Patagonias I expected some chafing and discomfort.
Results: zero chafing, flexible and comfortably warm.
The only problem with this suit that I predict is that you stay out in the water 2 hours more than you should and miss "important" work related meetings...like I did.
Thanks to Cleanline for the friendly and professional service! (the wax, candy and note were were highly appreciated)
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we storngly urge you to call us for experty advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.