The Patagonia Torrentshell is one of the best tools in my wardrobe. It is extremely light, 13 oz (my t-shirt weighs more than that) and really waterproof. It is great for bike rides or windy days on the beach. The "pit zips" work really well when you need to vent excess heat. This is an essential piece in my life. Can't imagine not owning one!!
Pared-down and packable, the Torrentshell is an H2No® Performance Standard 2.5-layer nylon waterproof/breathable hard shell for seriously wet weather.
- H2No® Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable 2.5-layer nylon ripstop
- 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/ breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt storm flap that creates a zipper-garage chin guard
- Pockets: two zippered handwarmers and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out elements
- Stows in self-stuff handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.6-oz 50-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 346 g (12.2 oz)
- This garment has a Regular Fit
- Made in Vietnam.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof barrier and a raised pattern on the inside, instead of the interior scrim used in 3-layer fabrics. The raised pattern makes 2.5-layer fabric light and compressible, while still protecting the waterproof barrier.
Deluge® DWR; Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.
- Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket - Black - 2015 Once upon a rainy dayReview by The Worlds Oldest Grom The Worlds Oldest Grom
RatingHad to work outside washing wetsuits the other day and forgot my jacket. Josh let me barrow his Patagonia torrent shell. It was a bit small. Pretty nice though. I'm definitely not a medium.(LOL),but I was comfortable and dry. Not to hot,not to cold,just right?(This is starting to sound a little bit like the three bears).Anyway,the liner felt like it was breathing a bit.The hood was a little big for my head(probably because I don't have any hair)'so I just rolled it back and cinched it up tight. I would get one today if I could only stop buying surfboards!!! Thanks Josh. I always new you where the type of guy who would give an employee the shirt off his back.Now I know I can barrow your jacket too!(Posted on 1/16/2016) 2016-01-16
Write Your Own Review
Patagonia Men’s Clothing Size Chart
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30″, "regular" is 32″ and "long" is 34″, unless otherwise noted.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy