When it came to wetsuits and wetsuit accessories, we wanted something warmer, more flexible, better fitting and tough enough to withstand extended use. Looking to what divers, sailors and fishermen had been using all these years to stay warm, in and on the ocean, we tried wool. For comfort and performance, we blend merino wool with polyester, and it’s this merino/polyester blend lining that gives our wetsuits their added warmth without added rubber. We make wetsuits in four weights for all water temperatures – R1® (warm), R2® (cool), R3® (cold), and R4® (frigid) – and in several cuts for men and women. Patagonia wetsuits are decidedly warmer than standard nylon-lined suits, but they also wear longer, dry faster and are made from post-consumer recycled polyester, merino wool softened without chlorine, and no PVC.
- Durable 3mm neoprene is laminated to a merino wool/recycled polyester jersey liner
- Merino wool is chlorine-free, soft next to skin, and stays warm even when wet; recycled polyester jersey adds durability
- Asymmetrical wrap construction conforms to foot for a snug, comfortable fit
- Split-toe and heel lock improve fit and performance
- Rubber wrap reinforcement on outside and on arch protect feet from rocks; PU-laminated tab on bootie cuff and pull ring on heel for easy on/off; Z-Strap closure design locks foot in place for extra support
- Fine-grip rubber soles for traction and board dexterity
- All seams internally taped to prevent leakage
- 3mm neoprene lined with chlorine-free merino wool/recycled polyester jersey
- 422 g (14.9 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.