The Patagonia R3 Chest Zip Wetsuit follows up the hooded R3 and R4 suits as another of the warmest wetsuits in coldwater surfing. The hood-less R3 is a great year round suit that you can count on to perform reliably while continuing to provide unparalleled warmth and durability. With anatomical patterning and high-quality neoprene that meets Patagonia's rigorous standards for stretch, durability and warmth, the redesigned R3 Front-Zip Full Suit keeps your performance level high when you're stalling into windblown backhand barrels.
The torso and thighs are lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool; hydrophobic recycled polyester micro-grid thermal lining in the arms and legs dries fast, minimizes weight and offers excellent flex. The floating front-zip provides ease of entry and maximizes freedom of movement through the shoulders and chest. 100% external seam sealing eliminates leaks. Other features include a durable, water-resistant recycled polyester outer lining, hidden key loop and long-lasting Supratex kneepads. All seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped at high stress areas. If you are a coldwater surfer and want confidence your wetsuit will keep you warm on cold days, the R3 Wetsuit is the suit you've been looking for.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: 100% External Seam Sealing and Internal Taping on all Critical Areas
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2014/2015
Manufactures Part Number: 88419
- Made with high-quality 4.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool; 3.5mm (arms/legs) lined with hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester
- Torso/thighs lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool
- Hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester thermal lining in arms and legs improves flexibility and dry time
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped on high stress areas
- Outer lining is durable, water-resistant recycled polyester jersey
- Detachable front-zip entry for maximum performance and ease of entry
- Anatomically engineered Supratex kneepads; key loop
- For cold to very cold water ranging from 48°- 55° F (8°- 12° C)
- 1519 g (53.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia R3 Chest Zip Wetsuit SO F***ing SickReview by Stoneman Stoneman
RatingSuch an awesome wetsuit. So warm, so comfortable, not to mention you can warranty anything from Patagonia 100 years later. Definitely the warmest wetsuit I have ever had. Not to mention the amazing service at Cleanline. So helpful, and they included an awesome handwritten note in my order, thanking me for supporting a small, family owned business. They also gave me a shirt and stickers. SUCH GOOD BUSINESS RUNNING! I live in Wyoming and mostly surf on the river here, and when I leave to go on surf trips, so I pretty much have to order gear online. Its nice to know that while shopping online I can still support an awesome, family run business. I will do ALL my online surf shopping on Cleanline. THEY RULE(Posted on 4/28/2015) 2015-04-28
- Patagonia R3 Chest Zip Wetsuit F***ING RADReview by Ferris Ferris
RatingThis wetsuit is amazing!!! It is ridiculously comfortable and you won't have to worry about being cold ever again! Not to mention how much beauty and style has been put into it ;)(Posted on 4/15/2015) 2015-04-15
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy