The Patagonia R3 Back Zip Wetsuit follows up the hooded R3 and R4 suits as another of the warmest wetsuits in coldwater surfing. The hood-less R3 is a great year round suit that you can count on to perform reliably while continuing to provide unparalleled warmth and durability. The torso and thighs are lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool; hydrophobic recycled polyester micro-grid thermal lining in the arms and legs dries fast, minimizes weight and offers excellent flex.
The easy-access center-back zip entry has an internal gasket to prevent water entry and maximize comfort. 100% external seam sealing eliminates leaks. Other features include a durable, water-resistant recycled polyester outer lining, hidden key loop and long-lasting Supratex kneepads. All seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped at high stress areas. If you are a coldwater surfer and want confidence your wetsuit will keep you warm on cold days, the R3 Wetsuit is the suit you've been looking for.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: 100% External Seam Sealing and Internal Taping on all Critical Areas
Zipper: Patagonia Back Zip Technology
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88417
- Made with high-quality 4.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool; 3.5mm (arms/legs) lined with hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester
- Torso/thighs lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool
- Hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester thermal lining in arms and legs improves flexibility and dry time
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped on high stress areas
- Outer lining is durable, water-resistant recycled polyester jersey
- Center-back zip entry with internal gasket to prevent water entry and maximize comfort
- Anatomically engineered Supratex kneepads; key loop
- For cold to very cold water ranging from 48°- 55° F (8°- 12° C)
- 1723 g (60.8 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia R3 Back Zip Wetsuit Amazing customer service!Review by UCSB UCSB
RatingI purchased the Patagonia R3 Back Zip wetsuit. It came in 3 days as promised with a bunch of nice swag included in the box which just made the whole purchase fun!. Easy website to order from and nice communication from the company on order being shipped and than they followed by email to make sure I was satisfied. First class operation.(Posted on 2/2/2016) 2016-02-02
- Patagonia R3 Back Zip Wetsuit You Get What You Pay For.Review by Tom Grenfell Tom Grenfell
RatingThe definition of value is that you get more than you paid for. For my money, my R3 back zip has exceeded my expectations for a warm comfortable fit. I also have owned two R4 chest zips in the past five years. I was not kind to either of these suits and they still served me better than other brands. The first one made it through three years here on the Oregon Coast. I use the R3 for stand up paddling and hot summer days. It's easier to climb into and out of the back zip than the chest zips.(Posted on 2/1/2016) 2016-02-01
- Patagonia R3 Back Zip Wetsuit Excellent wetsuit and Best customers service one could findReview by Oliciwe Oliciwe
RatingI ordered the R3 back zip from a surf shop up Oregon. I called first to confirm the discount, free shipping and no taxes before placing my order. The wetsuit arrived after 3 business days. I tried it and it fits perfectly. I am 5'5 and got the small size. My package included a bar of wax, few candies, couple of stickers for the kids, a hand written note and a Return form in case the wetsuit did not fit. I have never experienced a service such as this and you can be assured that I will contact that same surf shop next time I need something.(Posted on 12/28/2015) 2015-12-28
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy