The Patagonia R3 Back Zip Wetsuit is finally here. The waves haven’t changed since guys were surfing in sweaters at Steamer Lane, but these days there’s no need to paddle in with shoulders seizing from the cold. With high-quality neoprene and a merino wool lining that provides unmatched warmth, strength and flex, the redesigned R3® Back-Zip Full Suit keeps you loose and comfortable in the chilly lineups up north. Features include new anatomical patterning, 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, a heavyweight wool and recycled polyester lining in the torso and thighs to maximize warmth, and a midweight wool and polyester lining in the sleeves and lower legs for increased performance and stretch. The back-zip allows easy entry and exit, and enlarged PVC-free kneepads provide long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength. (U.S. Patent No. 7395553)
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Back Zip
Model Year: 2014
Manufactures Part Number: 88006
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Grid lining: torso/thighs lined with original, heavyweight chlorine-free merino wool and recycled polyester; sleeves/legs lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester
- Warm and soft merino wool dries quickly and reduces odor for the garment.
- One-piece front and back panels; internal/external neck gaskets (1.5mm neoprene with a polyester jersey surface and center-front key pocket); overlapped front yoke for easy on/off
- Neoprene underarm panels have nylon jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; durable recycled polyester fabric on the outside of the seat and legs; anatomically engineered PVC-free kneepads; wrist/ankle cuffs are made with flexible, durable Supratex material, which helps reduce flushing
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations; 100% external seam sealing; seams are single-needle blindstitched on the outside with nylon bonded thread, and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped
- 3.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with original, heavyweight chlorine-free merino wool and recycled polyester; 2.5mm neoprene (sleeves/legs) lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester
- 1588 g (56 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
- Patagonia R3 Back Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Toasty warm, durable, bells and whistlesReview by The Gamechanger The Gamechanger
RatingGrew up in Santa Cruz, and always was an O'Neill man. But always had the Patagonia in my site line. Here in San Diego, we get about 8 weeks of really nippy air and water each year, just enough to deter that morning session that would otherwise be just too damn cold for my 60 year old frame. No longer. I have "the Gamechanger", back zip easier entry, seam sealed, wool lined flexible body armor that renders frigid water a non issue. Cleanline folks a pleasure to deal with. Go ahead, pull the trigger, it will probably be the last warm wetsuit you'll ever buy, so make the investment and improve your life in the water!(Posted on 10/9/2014) 2014-10-09
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy