The Patagonia R2 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit follows up the thicker R3 and even thicker R4 as a seriously warm surfing wetsuit. The Patagonia R2 Wetsuit is the perfect wetsuit for surfing cool water in comfort while being completely protected from the elements. As with all Patagonia wetsuits, you can count on them to perform reliably while continuing to provide unparalleled warmth and durability.
Patagonia's unique combination of high-quality neoprene and recycled polyester is comfortable and more lightweight than ever. With 100% seam sealing, better fitting anatomical patterning and new fabric packages that maximize the stretch capabilities, this suit is certain to impress. If you've been seeking a little more from your wetsuit, the R2 Hooded Wetsuit might be what you've been looking for.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: 100% External Seam Sealing and Internal Taping on all Critical Areas
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88416
- High-quality 3.5 neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester and 3mm (arms/legs) lined with high-stretch recycled polyester jersey
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester thermal lining in arms, legs and hood improves flexibility and dry time
- 100% External Seam Taping on all critical areas
- High-stretch jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time
- Detachable front-zip entry for maximum performance and easy on/off
- Anatomically engineered Supratex kneepads; key loop
- For cool to cold water ranging from 55°- 60° F (12°- 16° C)
- 1332 g (47 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy