The Patagonia R2 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit is finally here. No longer will your head go cold on those windy and chilly days where the surf is lining up just right. With high-quality neoprene and a merino wool lining, the R2® Front-Zip Hooded Full Suit offers excellent comfort and flexibility with a contoured 3-panel hood with an adjustable cord to seal in the heat. Features include anatomical patterning, 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, a midweight wool lining in the torso and thighs for warmth, and a recycled polyester lining in the hood, sleeves and legs for increased performance and stretch. With simplified entry and enlarged PVC-free kneepads for long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2014
Manufactures Part Number: 87685
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Grid lining: torso/thighs lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester; hood/external gasket/sleeves/legs lined with recycled polyester thermal grid
- Warm and soft merino wool dries quickly and reduces odor for the garment; one-piece front and back panels; internal/external neck gaskets (1.5mm neoprene with a polyester jersey surface and center-front key pocket at the base); overlapped front yoke for easy on/off
- Hood: neoprene 3-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit and easy on/off, adjustable cord provides snug fit around face, Supratex brim shields face from sun and sheds water
- Anatomically engineered PVC-free kneepads; wrist/ankle cuffs are made with flexible, durable Supratex material, which helps reduce flushing
- Seams are single-needle blindstitched on the outside with nylon bonded thread, and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped; 100% external seam sealing
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations
- 2.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with midweight chlorine-free merino wool and polyester; 2.5mm (hood/external gasket/sleeves/legs) lined with recycled polyester thermal grid
- 1378 g (48.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
- Patagonia R2 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 In theory over a lonReview by Dave Dave
RatingIn theory over a long time it parbobly does damage them. But that's a lot of swimming with them in the pool. For me, I swim with it a few times each month prior to a race, and then rinse it out afterwards.In may case, I don't have a nearby lake I can swim in to get comfy with the suit so the pool is my only option. And given it will still last me a really long time, I think it's more than a fair tradeoff in order to achieve better performance (which, is one of the reasons you buy a wetsuit in the first place).As for heat it depends. I think I have a slightly higher tolerance for heat in a suit. The Girl was baking yesterday in hers in the pool by time she finished up, but it didn't bother me that much.(Posted on 11/26/2015) 2015-11-26
- Patagonia R2 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Spectacular suit & on-sale: Go for it!Review by Willie Willie
RatingJust picked up one of these for the shoulder season here in New England, was worried I'd be cold. I'm happy with the warmth, seems probably equivalent to a good 4/3 chest entry (one surf so far: last week, air temp mid 50's windy, no sun, water 58 (+booties). Seems at least as flexible as a 4/3. Great build quality, green & orange poly/wool enhance the 'cool-it's different' factor. Entry/exit is a little harder than some. Flushing was not a bit problem for me and my paddle outs were tough (beach break 5'-7').(Posted on 10/8/2014) 2014-10-08
Make sure you speak/chat to one of the Cleanline staff as they know the Patagonia sizing well. Sizing seems to vary a bit from year to year (so I was told). I was steered into getting a MS, rather than a S (what I wear in an O'Neil and Excel) and the MS fits perfectly.
Happy so far and thanks Josh & Matt for your help!
- Patagonia R2 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2014 Three Season PNW SUP surfing wetsuitReview by Patrick in Astoria Patrick in Astoria
RatingI've worn this wetsuit several times, and I like it for my specific purpose: SUP surfing in the Oregon/PNW. I love the flexibility of the thin (2.5mm) material, especially in my shoulders and legs. Of course, the suit is naturally less warm than my 5 mm. But, it's been comfortable all summer when I tend to overheat; and even this fall down to 50 degrees water temp by using the hood (which folds back comfortably), booties, and gloves. And, paddling more and falling less... Not my only suit, but a welcome addition.(Posted on 11/23/2013) 2013-11-23
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy