The Patagonia R2 Back Zip Wetsuit is the perfect wetsuit for surfing cool water in comfort, as it is perfectly warm, flexible, cozy and keeps you protected from the elements. Made with anatomical patterning and high-quality neoprene that meets Patagonia's rigorous standards for stretch, durability and warmth, our newly redesigned R2 Back-Zip Full Suit completes your kit for a camping trip below the border.
The torso and thighs are lined with hydrophobic recycled polyester micro-grid thermal lining that dries fast, minimizes weight and offers excellent flex; high-stretch recycled polyester lining in the arms and legs maximizes freedom of movement. The easy-access center-back zip entry has an internal gasket to prevent water entry and maximize comfort. 100% external seam sealing eliminates leaks. Other features include a durable, water-resistant recycled polyester outer lining, hidden key loop and long-lasting Supratex kneepads. All seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped at high stress areas. If you've been seeking a little more from your wetsuit, the R2 might be what you've been looking for.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: 100% External Seam Sealing and Internal Taping on all Critical Areas
Zipper: Patagonia Back Zip Technology
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88414
- Made with high-quality 3.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester; 3mm (arms/legs) lined with high-stretch recycled polyester jersey
- Torso/thighs lined with hydrophobic micro-grid recycled polyester thermal lining
- High-stretch recycled polyester jersey lining in arms and legs improves flexibility and dry time
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped on high stress areas
- Outer lining is durable, water-resistant recycled polyester jersey
- Center-back zip entry with internal gasket to prevent water entry and maximize comfort
- Anatomically engineered Supratex kneepads; key loop
- For cool water ranging from 55°- 60° F (12°- 16° C)
- 1383 g (48.8 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia R2 Back Zip Wetsuit Another Great Patagonia WetsuitReview by Pete Wright Pete Wright
RatingAfter years of having my wetsuits only last one season I made the jump to a Patagonia R3 6 years ago. I have found Patagonia suits are the most durable and warmest suits around. The relatively higher cost is more than offset by how long these suits hold up, and I find they are more comfortable than other "green" wetsuits I've worn in the past (Matuse for example).(Posted on 8/4/2015) 2015-08-04
Fit wise I find the cut comparable to Xcel wetsuits.
This R2 is *very* warm and should be more than enough to get me through a SoCal winter where I will usually wear a R3 for dawn patrol sessions in winter spring. The fit is great, a little tight at first but it is stretching out to fit my body perfectly after a couple sessions.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy