The retro styled Patagonia R1 Yulex Long John Wetsuit highlights your paddling muscles and warms your core all while helping the planet by eliminating the use of traditional petroleum-based neoprene and utilizing Patagonia's neoprene-free Yulex and synthetic rubber materials. The result is a perfectly flexible, lightweight, cool water wetsuit that does its part to make less of an impact on our environment.
The Patagonia R1 Lite Yulex John Wetsuit will keep you comfortable in water from the high 60's and up, making it a go to style for long, So-Cal summer sessions or a great paddle-boarding piece. All the seams on the R1 Long John are flatlock stitched for maximum durability and the easy back-zip entry allows for a full quick in and out. Offering the same warmth and action ready attributes as conventional stretch neoprene, plant-based Yulex rubber is blended with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone and UV resistance to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability.
Patagonia's Yulex Wetsuit movement is a push to break away from the non-renewable, energy-intensive manufacturing of neoprene by embracing the use of natural and synthetic rubber, reducing CO2 emissions and helping the industry shift to cleaner and better materials. A warm and supple, neoprene-free wetsuit, the R1 Yulex illustrates the catalyst of the highest quality materials paired with cutting edge technology, made by surfers that only want the best.
Neoprene: Yulex Natural Rubber/Synthetic Rubber
Seams: Flatlock Stitched
Zipper: Back Zip
Model Year: 2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88436
- Made with neoprene-free Yulex® natural rubber/chlorine-free synthetic rubber that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability
- 2mm of 85% Yulex Pure Natural Rubber/15% Synthetic Rubber
- High-Stretch, 100% Recycled Polyester Jersey Lining Throughout Improves Flexibility and Dry Time
- Stretchy and Water Resistant Exterior Face Fabric is 88% Recycled Polyester and 12% Spandex
- All Seams are Sewn with Flatlock Construction for Maximum Durability
- Back Zip Entry for Easy On and Off
- Supratex Kneepads for Maximum Durability
- Easy-Access Key Loop
- Derived from Sources which are Forest Stewardship Council® Certified by the Rainforest Alliance
- For Temperate Water Ranging from 65 - 70° F / 18 - 23° C
- 637 g (22.5 oz)
- Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy