Hit the water in the Patagonia R1 Short John Wetsuit for comfortable core protection with unrestricted paddling motion. A classic design with modern materials, the Short John delivers lightweight warmth for surfing, paddling, snorkeling and many other warm water activities. The durable, high quality neoprene forms to your body for an excellent fit and dries quickly between sessions. Offering comfort and sun protection, The R1 Short John is a performance spring suit that allows a full range of movement through the shoulders and arms for serious paddling in sunny conditions.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Quality Neoprene
Seams: Flatlock Seams
Zipper: Back Zip
Model Year: 2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88428
- Made with high-quality 1.5mm neoprene that meets strict standards for strength, durability and warmth
- High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric is durable and water-resistant with 88% recycled polyester content
- Spandex binding at neck and armholes are cleanly finished
- Seams are sewn with flatlock construction for comfort and durability
- Fit conforms to body for maximum flexibility and comfort
- 1.5mm neoprene; interior lining: high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey; exterior face fabric: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- For warm water ranging from 65°- 75° F (18°- 23° C)
- 544 g (19.2 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy