A feather-weight performer, the Patagonia R1 Lite Yulex Wetsuit minimizes materials without sacrificing full protection from the elements. This ultra-light full suit breaks new ground by eliminating traditional petroleum-based neoprene and utilizing Patagonia's neoprene-free Yulex and synthetic rubber materials. What you get is a perfectly flexible, lightweight, cool water wetsuit that does its part to make less of an impact on our environment.
The Patagonia R1 Lite Yulex Chest Zip Wetsuit will keep you comfortable in water as cool as the mid 60's, making it an optimal choice for anywhere a spring suit just won't cut it for a full session. All the seams on the R1 Lite are glued and blind-stitched for durability and then internally taped for additional strength. The floating front-zip features a corrosion-proof zipper and asymmetrical flap for better seal, stretch and range of motion through the chest and shoulders. Offering the same warmth and action ready attributes as conventional stretch neoprene, plant-based Yulex rubber is blended with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone and UV resistance to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability.
Patagonia's Yulex Wetsuit movement is a push to break away from the non-renewable, energy-intensive manufacturing of neoprene by embracing the use of natural and synthetic rubber, reducing CO2 emissions and helping the industry shift to cleaner and better materials. A warm and supple, neoprene-free wetsuit, the R1 Lite Yulex illustrates the catalyst of the highest quality materials paired with cutting edge technology, made by surfers that only want the best.
Neoprene: Yulex Natural Rubber/Synthetic Rubber
Seams: Internally Taped
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88434
- Made with neoprene-free Yulex® natural rubber/chlorine-free synthetic rubber that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability
- 2mm of 85% Yulex Pure Natural Rubber/15% Synthetic Rubber
- High-Stretch, 100% Recycled Polyester Jersey Lining Throughout Improves Flexibility and Dry Time
- Stretchy and Water Resistant Exterior Face Fabric is 88% Recycled Polyester and 12% Spandex
- All Seams are Triple Glued and Blind-Stitched and and 100% Internally Taped
- Asymmetrical Floating Front-Zip Features a Fully Replaceable, Corrosion-Proof Salmi® Zipper to Extend the Suit's Lifespan
- Supratex Kneepads and Ankle Cuffs for Maximum Durability and an Anatomic Fit
- Easy-Access Key Loop
- Derived from Sources which are Forest Stewardship Council® Certified by the Rainforest Alliance
- For Temperate Water Ranging from 65 - 70° F / 18 - 23° C
- 952 g (33.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand
Write Your Own Review
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy