This season's Patagonia R1 Chest Zip Wetsuit brings you maximum comfort and superior flexibility. The most nimble of the Patagonia Wetsuits, the R1 is super lightweight, soft to the touch and more stretchy than ever, making it Patagonia's ultimate cool water performance suit. Made with anatomical patterning and high-quality neoprene that meets Patagonia's rigorous standards for stretch and durability, the updated R1 Front-Zip Full Suit offers full-length comfort and sun protection for high-performance warm water surfing.
Other features include a durable, water-resistant recycled polyester outer lining, hidden key loop and long-lasting Supratex kneepads. All seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped at high stress areas. With 100% seam sealing, better fitting anatomical patterning and new fabric packages that maximize the stretch capabilities, this suit is certain to impress. Check out the R1 Wetsuit, once you do you'll never look back.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: 100% External Seam Sealing and Internal Taping on all Critical Areas
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88408
- Made with high-quality 3mm neoprene (torso/thighs) and 2.5mm (arms/legs) lined with high-stretch recycled polyester jersey
- High-stretch recycled polyester jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped on high stress areas
- Outer lining is durable, water-resistant recycled polyester jersey
- Detachable front-zip entry for maximum performance and ease of entry
- Anatomically engineered Supratex kneepads
- Key loop
- For warm to cool water ranging from 60°- 65° F (16°- 18° C)
- 1156 g (40.8 oz)
- Made in Thailand
- Patagonia R1 Chest Zip Wetsuit Awesome fit from size chart , Resulting in very comfortable suit,toasty,the best I have owned.yeew.Review by Jeggs Jeggs
RatingThanks crew @ cleanlines, great wety, warm ,comfort & exceptional fit ,wish I had 2!(Posted on 7/13/2015) 2015-07-13
Find suit hard 2 get off , sure I will get used to that.
Thanks for great service,
- Patagonia R1 Chest Zip Wetsuit Excellent, responsible suitReview by Bmac Bmac
RatingNevemind the fact that Patagonia is a great company, with responsible manufacturing practices...this suit is just plain good. Stretched out a bit on the first surf to make it more comfortable through the shoulders (although I will say that it is tighter than I expected in the top half). I'm skinny and not super broad shouldered, but athletic. 6'1, 170. Performance was fine, even though I was a bit worried by the "stiff" reviews all over the place. I replaced an E-Bomb (2012) and the Patagonia suit was every bit as stretchy, but warmer. I think I'll stick with Patagonia suits after this purchase, despite a bit of added cost (though not really in the R1).(Posted on 10/10/2014) 2014-10-10
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy