One VW Kombi. Two weeks. Four boards. Unlimited waves. The new Patagonia R1 Chest-Zip Wetsuit completes your Aussie travel quiver. With high-quality, super-flexible 2.5mm neoprene and a lightweight polyester (50% recycled) lining in the torso and thighs, it offers you unparalleled stretch, comfort and warmth for performance-oriented surfing. Features include 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, anatomical patterning, heat-pressed ankle cuffs reduce hydraulic lift and flushing, simple front-zip entry and enlarged PVC-free kneepads for long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Chest Zip (Front Zip)
Model Year: 2013/2014
Manufactures Part Number: 87645
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Warm recycled polyester grid lining improves flexibility and dry time
- One-piece front and back panels; internal/external neck gaskets (1.5mm neoprene with a nylon jersey surface and center-front key pocket); overlapped front yoke for easy on/off
- Neoprene underarm panels have nylon jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; durable recycled polyester jersey fabric on the outside of the seat and legs
- Anatomically engineered PVC-free kneepads are made with flexible and durable Supratex material; 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations
- Seams are single-needle blindstitched on the outside with nylon bonded thread, and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped
- 100% external seam sealing
- 2.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with recycled polyester thermal grid; 2mm (sleeves/legs) lined with lightweight recycled polyester
- 921 g (32.5 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we storngly urge you to call us for experty advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.