The Patagonia R1 Chest Zip Short Sleeve Full Wetsuit is the most nimble of the Patagonia Wetsuits. Perfect for comfort and sun protection in the surf or switching gears to a kite session when the wind turns on. The R1 Wetsuit has you covered with minimal restriction and optimal performance in warmer waters. It has a lightweight, high-stretch all-recycled polyester lining that provides excellent flexibility and fast dry times.
The floating front-zip maximizes freedom of movement through the upper body and 100% external seam sealing eliminates leaks. Other features include a durable, water-resistant all-recycled polyester outer lining, hidden key loop and long-lasting Supratex kneepads. All seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped at high-stress areas.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: 100% External Seam Sealing and Internal Taping on all Critical Areas
Zipper: Patagonia Front Zip (Chest Zip) Technology
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 88410
- Made with high-quality 2.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) and 2mm (arms/legs) lined with high-stretch recycled polyester jersey
- High-stretch recycled polyester jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued, blindstitched and internally taped on high stress areas
- Outer lining is durable, water-resistant recycled polyester jersey
- Detachable front-zip entry for maximum performance and ease of entry
- Anatomically engineered Supratex kneepads
- Key loop
- For warm water ranging from 60°- 65° F (16°- 18° C)
- 929 g (32.8 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
- Patagonia R1 Chest Zip Short Sleeve Full Wetsuit Highly recommended productReview by Wigs Wigs
RatingI've been using wetsuits for decades, and this suit is by far the best product I've ever put on. Seams are impeccable, sealed with what I would call a rubber-pvc glue. I'm sure this suit will last a long time.(Posted on 5/25/2015) 2015-05-25
My only gripe is they don't make it in LT so I had to get the XL not the best fit, but still very comfortable.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy