One VW Kombi. Two weeks. Four boards. Unlimited waves. The Patagonia R1 Back Zip Wetsuit completes your Aussie travel quiver. With high-quality, super-flexible 2.5mm neoprene and a lightweight polyester (50% recycled) lining in the torso and thighs, it offers you unparalleled stretch, comfort and warmth for performance-oriented surfing. Features include 100% external seam sealing to eliminate leaks, anatomical patterning, heat-pressed ankle cuffs reduce hydraulic lift and flushing, simple front-zip entry and enlarged PVC-free kneepads for long-lasting durability. Critical seams and high-stress areas are secured and reinforced for strength.
Neoprene: Patagonia Hand Selected Highest Quality Neoprene
Seams: Fully Sealed Externally and Taped and Critically Taped Internally
Zipper: Back Zip
Model Year: 2013/2014
Manufactures Part Number: 87306
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Recycled polyester grid lining improves flexibility and dry time; one-piece front panel with minimal seam design increases flexibility
- Internal neck gasket prevents water entry; internal back flap blocks wind; flap has a recycled polyester grid lining, separating zipper teeth from skin for comfort; extended neck flap with a PU-molded hook-and-loop closure allows for a stronger seal and more comfort
- Neoprene underarm panels have recycled polyester jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; center-back zipper with crescent-shaped neoprene panel provides a better-seal and easier zip-up; zipper gusset has drain holes
- Wrist and ankle cuff edges are heat pressed, which reduce hydraulic lift and flushing; anatomically engineered PVC- free kneepads are made with flexible and durable Supratex material
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure all high stress areas and critical seam locations
- Seams are single-needle blindstitched to the outside with nylon bonded thread and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped; 100% external seam sealing
- 2.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with recycled polyester thermal grid; 2mm (sleeves/legs) lined with lightweight recycled polyester
- 1063 g (37.5 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
- Patagonia R1 Back Zip Wetsuit - 2013/2014 ExcellentReview by Frank Frank
RatingThe fabric of this suit gives me the warmth and flexibility that I need, an excellent piece; the experience of buying it from Cleanline is an another plus.(Posted on 2/24/2015) 2015-02-24
- Patagonia R1 Back Zip Wetsuit - 2013/2014 Toasty!Review by Ab Slayer Ab Slayer
RatingThis suit is super toasty. 3/2.5 vs. 3/2 makes a difference and it's real nice on cold mornings. I went back to the back zip after my last 2 being chest zips and I'm glad I did. The back zip is way easier to get in and out of and my last suits (not Patagonia) all seemed to go first at the pull-over / entry point. The 'cuffs' on this suit is what sold me and I have no idea why others aren't doing it. Very little water gets in. Highly recommended.(Posted on 1/30/2015) 2015-01-30
The only downside is that it feels a little tight in the crotch, but I like to think its just because my bulge is so massive.
Also - I gotta say, the buying experience from Cleanline was great. The suit was $80 less than my local shop; it was at my door (in SoCal) in a couple of days; and they included a handwritten note and candy. Nice touch.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing Patagonia wetsuits. If you have never worn a Patagonia wetsuit before we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. If you have worn one in the past be aware that the sizing has changed slightly and you may want to lean towards a smaller suit due to the increased flexibility. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full Patagonia Wetsuit Sizing Chart
PatagonIa Ironclad guarantee
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin.
Wetsuit Care Guideline:
- Rinse your wetsuit with fresh water after every use.
- After rinsing, fold in half at waist and hang dry.
- Do not store it wet, or in direct sunlight.
- Suit up carefully. We've selected high-stretch materials for their comfort and function. Avoid overstretching fabric and seams. Do not step on one leg to pull the other leg out.
- If possible, change in a plastic tub or on a mat
Our wetsuit warranty does not cover upgrading your older Patagonia wetsuit to a current model. We are continuously improving our designs and materials, but that doesn't make your existing wetsuit unsatisfactory. It just means that the next one you buy will be even better than the last.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy