WAVE RIDING FREEDOM
The Reo is a very unique kite in our line up, designed specifically for wave riding with true surfing at it’s heart. Since first introducing the Reo we have had nothing other than positive feedback and it has become the iconic surf kite.
Behind the scenes we have been continually developing this model looking to improve it’s overall performance for wave riding. We believe in freedom on the wave to take us closer to a true surfing experience. To achieve this we have to combine many aspects of kite design to develop a kite that has huge depower, smooth fast direct handling, float when slack lined and perfect drift for down the line and onshore riding.
The modifications to the new Reo have allowed us to improve stability and float, whilst maintaining controlled depower capabilities, this allows the rider to depower to the point where surfing is closer to reality rather than being powered along a wave. The root chord has been slightly increased delivering consistent power to get around sections in the wave, whilst easily floating down the line when need be. With fast direct handling and improved low end the Reo allows the rider to maximise power in onshore conditions when the wave can ‘push’ downwind.
Hooked or un-hooked the Reo performs to any given task in the waves. For unhooked riding simply trim in slightly with the de-power cleat and the Reo will sit and fly perfectly, floating with the rider making it easier to line up that next section.
Another key aspect when building a kite specific for wave riding is the strength to weight ratio. As with all our kites we use top of the line materials and combined with our very own factory quality is second to none. The Reo is designed tough without the need of unnecessary cosmetic items which only add weight and drag which reduces performance.
New sizes complete the Reo line up offering more selection for those critical rider preferences. Power to size ratios have been refined and we now have more power per size. For example a rider enjoying the original 8m would now feel similarly powered on the new 7m. Be sure to take a test ride on the new Reo, here at Ozone we think all will be stoked with the performance and capabilities allowing you to push your wave riding to the next level.
REO DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Super fast and direct handling
- Mega de-power range with insane float and drift characteristics
- Easy on the bar back line re-launch
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
REO CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
Write Your Own Review
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.