ALL AROUND VERSATILITY AND PERFORMANCE
The Ozone Catalyst was incredibly well received last season, a favorite across the world and our top selling model. For this season we retain the same general design with minor tweaks and improvements and with obviously fresh new colours and printing. New 7m and 9m sizes have also been added to the line up.
Combining performance and versatility the Catalyst delivers across every category, it really does do it all to a very high level. It feels and performs equally well in all aspects of the sport satisfying a wide variety of riders.
For Freeriders the Catalyst is a kite that continues to please no matter what you choose to be doing on the day. The smooth power delivery and refined handling allows you to relax and enjoy the ride. The Catalyst is also an amazing Freestyle starting block right up to advanced unhooked riding. Its open C shape design offers a subtle C feel without being as aggressive as the C4. From your first unhooked moves through to handle passes and kite loops, the Catalyst delivers confidence-inspiring performance allowing you to push your limits.
In the waves the Catalyst is a predictable performer. The refined handling, de-power and float offer time to ride the wave rather than having to continuously fly the kite. It is not designed as a dedicated wave kite like the Reo, but still delivers solid wave riding performance.
As an entry level kite the Catalyst is the perfect choice. It is easy to ride and fly and can take you from being new to kiting all the way to advanced riding if you want. The easy flight characteristics, simple re-launch and progressive de-power means you can progress quickly and safely.
It has been the kite of choice for Ozone designer Rob Whittall and notably the up and coming youngster Patrick Blanc who has been riding the Catalyst in all the PKRA events. Patrick's riding has improved over the season and he is pushing his way towards the top ten, not bad for a seventeen year old.
We are confident that you will find the Catalyst really is a true do it all kite.
CATALYST DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Open-C design with smooth predictable handling
- Mega de-power range
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Easy on the bar back line re-launch
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
CATALYST CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
- Large technical bag
- Repair Pack
Write Your Own Review
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy