ALL AROUND VERSATILITY AND PERFORMACE
The Ozone Catalyst was incredibly well received last season, a favourite across the world and our top selling model. For this season we retain the same general design with minor tweaks and improvements and with obviously fresh new colours and printing. New 7m and 9m sizes have also been added to the line up.
Combining performance and versatility the Catalyst delivers across every category, it really does do it all to a very high level. It feels and performs equally well in all aspects of the sport satisfying a wide variety of riders.
For Freeriders the Catalyst is a kite that continues to please no matter what you choose to be doing on the day. The smooth power delivery and refined handling allows you to relax and enjoy the ride. The Catalyst is also an amazing Freestyle starting block right up to advanced unhooked riding. Its open C shape design offers a subtle C feel without being as aggressive as the C4. From your first unhooked moves through to handle passes and kite loops, the Catalyst delivers confidence-inspiring performance allowing you to push your limits.
In the waves the Catalyst is a predictable performer. The refined handling, de-power and float offer time to ride the wave rather than having to continuously fly the kite. It is not designed as a dedicated wave kite like the Reo, but still delivers solid wave riding performance.
As an entry level kite the Catalyst is the perfect choice. It is easy to ride and fly and can take you from being new to kiting all the way to advanced riding if you want. The easy flight characteristics, simple re-launch and progressive de-power means you can progress quickly and safely.
It has been the kite of choice for Ozone designer Rob Whittall and notably the up and coming youngster Patrick Blanc who has been riding the Catalyst in all the PKRA events. Patrick's riding has improved over the season and he is pushing his way towards the top ten, not bad for a seventeen year old.
We are confident that you will find the Catalyst really is a true do it all kite.
CATALYST DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Open-C design with smooth predictable handling
- Mega de-power range
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Easy on the bar back line re-launch
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
CATALYST CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
- 55cm Bar
- 4 x 27m 300kg lines
- Large technical bag
- Kite Leash
- Repair Pack
CONTACT CONTROL SYSTEM
The Contact-Water Control System offers the latest in safety features, a clean control bar design and a simple easy-to-use trimming system.
Push Away Quick Release – The control system features a new Megatron pushaway quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. The release handle is ergonomic with positive release forces (under 8kg) allowing for quick and easy release. Simple re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Two Safety Modes – The Megatron offers riders a choice of two safety modes, the recommended standard safety or the optional Suicide safety.
• The standard Flag out safety offers 100% flag out in all situations by releasing the Megatron or letting go of the bar when un-hooked
• The Suicide option offers 100% flag out only when the Megatron is released whilst hooked in, allowing riders practicing handle passes to let go of the bar with out flagging the kites safety (not recommended)
Anti-twist 100% Flag Out Line – The flag out line running through the Megatron & safety leash attachment at the bottom keeps the leash tangle free when doing rotations and manually unwinding the centre lines using the Spinning Handle.
Low Friction Centre Piece – The control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop – Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
Magnetic trim handle system – The Magnetic trim handle connects to a magnetic neoprene sock covering the clam cleat to reduce tangles when the trimmer is depowered.
PU Covered trim line & cast stainless steel de-power ring – The tough PU covered trim significantly reduces wear when sheeting in and out, whilst the smooth running de-power ring also prevents trim line wear.
The Contact-Water Control System bar sizes come in 45cm, 50cm and 55cm. The larger size PU chicken loop (sold separately) is perfect for riders with longer arms or for riders wanting even easier hooking in & out.
CHECKING & MAINTAINING CONTROL SYSTEM FLYING LINES
Over time kite flying lines may stretch slightly, and we highly recommend that you check your Control System lines are set correctly to what we call bar zero. Checking and maintaining your Control System will ensure you get the most performance from your Ozone kite.
Write Your Own Review
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.