ALL-ROUND VERSATILITY AND PERFORMANCE
When it comes to all-round performance the new Ozone Catalyst delivers in every category. Designing a kite as versatile as the Catalyst is no easy task; it has taken the design team over a year of testing and fine tuning to bring you a kite that feels and performs equally well in all the sizes and aspects of the sport. The all-new Catalyst is a complete redesign but in the process we have retained the essence of the previous model that made it a favourite across the world.
For Freeriders the all-new Catalyst is a kite that continues to please no matter what you choose to be doing on the day. The smooth power delivery and refined handling allows you to relax and enjoy the ride. All you have to do to feel the “spice” of the Catalyst, is send it to enjoy the pop and hang time on offer.
The Catalyst is an amazing Freestyle starting block with its open C shape and square tip design, offering a subtle C feel without being as aggressive as the C4. From your first unhooked moves through to handle passes and kite loops, the Catalyst delivers confidence-inspiring performance allowing you to push your limits.
In the waves the Catalyst is a predictable performer. The refined handling, de-power and float offer time to ride the wave rather than having to continuously fly the kite. It is has a higher aspect ratio than the Reo so it is not as dedicated to wave riding but still delivers awesome wave riding performance.
As an entry level kite the new Catalyst is the perfect choice. It is easy to ride and fly and can take you from being new to kiting all the way to advanced riding if you want. The easy flight characteristics, simple re-launch and progressive de-power means you can progress quickly and safely.
If like me you want a kite that can really “do it all” to a high level, then look no further. The Catalyst’s pulley-less, three strut design, open C shape, refined handling and bar pressure offers endless performance and satisfaction to a very wide variety of riders.
Please don’t take my word for it, take a test ride to believe that this is not hype…
Enjoy the ride
Rob Whittall - Ozone Kite Designer
CATALYST DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
Open-C design with smooth predictable handling
Mega de-power range
4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
Easy on the bar back line re-launch
Comparable feeling throughout the size range
One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
High volume inflate/deflate valve
Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
CATALYST CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
- 55cm Bar
- 4 x 27m 300kg lines
- Large technical bag
- Kite Leash
- Repair Pack
- Stickers, Key-ring
CONTACT WATER CONTROL SYSTEM
The Contact Water Control System offers a clean control bar design, with simple safety and an easy-to-use trimming system. The Control System exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards.
Megatron Quick Release – The control system features Ozone’s proven Megatron quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. Easy re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Low Friction Centre Piece – The control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop – Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
Magnetic trim handle – The Magnetic trim handle connects to a magnetic neoprene sock covering the clam cleat, to reduce tangles when the trimmer is de-powered.
PU Covered trim line & cast stainless steel de-power ring – The tough PU covered trim significantly reduces wear when sheeting in and out, whilst the smooth running de-power ring also prevents trim line wear.
Longer Foam Floats – The longer foam floats provide improved protection from the lines.
The Contact Water Control System bar sizes come in 45cm, 50cm and 55cm. The larger size PU chicken loop (sold separately) is perfect for riders with longer arms or for riders wanting even easier hooking in & out.
CONTACT WATER CONTROL SYSTEM FEATURES
- Megatron Quick Release chicken loop
- Auto positioning chickenloop for easier unhooked riding
- Wide mouth loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Easily untangle your middle lines using the spinning handle
- Standard Flag Out or Expert riders leash connection ring
- 45/50/55cm Bar with low friction centre piece
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip
- Hideaway elastic line retainers
- Clam cleat de-power trimmer with cast Stainless Steel de-power bracket
- Magnetic trim handle system reduces tangles when trimmer is de-powered
- Wear resistant PU covered trim line
- Longer foam floats with internal back line trimming
- In line bar stopper ball for flag out safety system
- Colour coded leader lines & 300kg flying lines
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards
CHECKING & MAINTAINING CONTROL SYSTEM FLYING LINES
Over time kite flying lines may stretch slightly, and we highly recommend that you check your Control System lines are set correctly to what we call “bar zero”.
Checking and maintaining your Control System will ensure you get the most performance from your Ozone kite.
Write Your Own Review
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.