PROGRESSIVE NEWSCHOOL & FREERIDE
The new C4 has been completely redesigned with progressive newschool & free riders in mind. At the heart of the C4 is an all new generated arc offering a more C-kite feel, without compromising the easy de-power and simple relaunch characteristics of past C4 generations.
Although some changes in design are not obvious to the eye almost everything has changed. The aspect ratio, arc, planform, profiles and sail tensions are all new, further enhancing the ride and feel for progressive unhooked riding.
Freeriders will still feel at home on the C4 with our Variable Bridle Geometry, giving the option of two kites in one. The Variable Bridle is simple with no lines to add or remove, and takes only a short moment to change. With these two settings the C4 boasts advanced unhooked attributes as well as comfort and easy to reach performance for everyday freeriders.
Variable Bridle Geometry settings
New School - The New School setting offers a heavier and direct feel, with a more powerful load up and pop perfectly suited to Freestyle and Wakestyle riders. The C4 ships standard on this setting.
Free Ride - The Freeride setting offers a lighter bar feel and increased de-power which is perfect for Freeriding and also in the waves. To use this setting simply shift the middle bridle lines to the pigtail knot closest to the leading edge.
Each size in the C4 line up has been individually refined, we aimed to perfect turning and flight speeds across the board resulting in a more predictable kite when unhooking, kite looping or jumping. The C4 is an amazing Newschool & Freeride machine, but as always make sure you get out there and take a test ride to see for yourself.
Torrin Bright - Ozone R&D Team Rider
C4 DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Variable Bridle Geometry - New School (standard) & Free Ride settings
- All new generated arc offering more C-kite feeling
- Enhanced ride and feel for progressive unhooked riding
- Explosive pop and hang time
- Easy back line re-launch
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
C4 CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
- 45cm Bar
- 4 x 23m 300kg lines
- Large technical bag
- Kite Leash
- Repair Pack
- Stickers, Key-ring
C4 CONTROL SYSTEM
The C4 Control System has emerged from the feedback of our top riders. Perfectly suited for progressive unhooked riders pushing the limits, the C4 Control System includes a shorter de-power throw range coupled with the larger size PU chicken loop. It is available in only 45cm bar size and ships standard with new length 23m lines.
We recommend the C4 Control System to be used with all sizes of C4. The C4 Control System offers a clean control bar design, simple safety and an easy-to-use trimming system. It exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards.
Megatron Quick Release – The control system features Ozone’s proven Megatron quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. Easy re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Low Friction Centre Piece – The control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop – Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
Magnetic trim handle – The Magnetic trim handle connects to a magnetic neoprene sock covering the clam cleat, to reduce tangles when the trimmer is de-powered.
PU Covered trim line & cast stainless steel de-power ring – The tough PU covered trim significantly reduces wear when sheeting in and out, whilst the smooth running de-power ring also prevents trim line wear.
Longer Foam Floats – The longer foam floats provide improved protection from the lines.
C4 CONTROL SYSTEM FEATURES
- Megatron Quick Release chicken loop with larger sized loop
- Auto positioning chickenloop for easier unhooked riding
- Wide mouth loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Easily untangle your middle lines using the spinning handle
- Standard Flag Out or Expert riders leash connection ring
- 45cm Bar with low friction centre piece
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip
- Hideaway elastic line retainers
- Clam cleat de-power trimmer with cast Stainless Steel de-power bracket
- Magnetic trim handle system reduces tangles when trimmer is de-powered
- Wear resistant PU covered trim line
- Longer foam floats with internal back line trimming
- In line bar stopper ball for flag out safety system
- Colour coded leader lines & 23m 300kg flying lines
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards
CHECKING & MAINTAINING CONTROL SYSTEM FLYING LINES
Over time kite flying lines may stretch slightly, and we highly recommend that you check your Control System lines are set correctly to what we call “bar zero”.
Checking and maintaining your Control System will ensure you get the most performance from your Ozone kite.
Write Your Own Review
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.