The Maliko is the ultimate crossover all-island adventure shoe for performance without limitation.
- UPPER: Quick-drying breathable air mesh and abrasion resistant molded toe protection, moisture-wicking synthetic suede heel lining, and easy on and off lace toggle.
- FOOTBED: Removable three quarter length injection molded heel and arch chassis for anatomical foot support, and brushed EVA insole for those who prefer a more 'barefoot' close-to-the ground feel.
- OUTSOLE: Non-marking rubber outsole designed to wrap up in the toe and heel area for durability and protection, water drainage ports on the instep, and octopus-inspired suction cup tread design.
- FEATURES: Split-toe construction for agility and balance, quick-drain water ports, and molded logos.
- VEGAN FRIENDLY
We recommend that you clean these products using mild soap and cold water. To remove excess dirt or spot clean, use a stiff brush or soft cloth. Sandals can also be cleaned in your washing machine using mild soap and cold water temperature.
After cleaning let your sandals air dry away from heat.
- Olukai Maliko Shoes - Charcoal/Canoe The OluKai Maliko water shoe is an excellent choice for performance oriented stand up paddle boarding in the PNW.Review by Patrick Corcoran Patrick Corcoran
RatingKey features of the Maliko include a light weight low-top upper, a minimalist sticky rubber sole, a splittoe feature for your big toe, and a removable arch support. These features distinguish the Maliko as a real performance-oriented shoe compared to traditional neoprene surf booties and lug-soled kayak shoes. I really like the tactile feeling between my feet and my board when I wear these shoes, and the rubber of the shoe is the perfect stickiness for my deck pad. The arch support is a nice feature for those longer days on my feet, but I don’t see the need for the arch support to be removable. (I’ve taped mine in place.) The lace-and-toggle system is OK, but I prefer simple laces, or Velcro closures. These shoes will come off in the surf, but that’s the trade-off for being so light and low-cut. In really hot weather (Miami in June) the shoe is a bit clammy, but it is very comfortable here in the PNW. As with any shoe, a proper fit is the most important criteria. But, if this shoe fits, wear it! For performance oriented paddle boarders in temperate climates, the OluKai Maliko is an excellent water shoe.(Posted on 6/29/2012) 2012-06-29
Write Your Own Review
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy