More than a decade ago, the premium British import was a rising BMX rider named Stephen Murray. The lionhearted racer had already earned six UK National Championships by age 16. In the States, he took to Dirt Jumping and Freestyle with mind-blowing maneuvers like double back flips and 360 back flips. He became a three-time back-to-back X Games and Gravity Games Gold Medalist, a feat unmatched to this day. Then his life took a different track.
If you’ve ever taunted gravity, you know there’s a harsh reality that waits somewhere in the darkness of your mind. In June of 2007, it came out of the shadows. A double back flip at the BMX Dirt Finals in Baltimore ended with crushed and shattered vertebrae. Stephen was paralyzed from the shoulders down. If you think this tragedy made him give up, you sure as hell don’t know Stephen. His “Stay Strong” tattoo is crested with lions. They were earned.
We’re honoring Stephen with a special edition of Fuel Cell, a work of aggressive styling worthy of a warrior who knows no white flag. UK lions on the metal icons, and the graphics along the sides are styled from the inked emblem of courageous strength on Stephen’s skin.
Oakley is proud to honor Stephen’s fighting spirit by helping support his ongoing recovery efforts by providing $20 from each sale of this sunglass.
- Dual lens Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- Available with Authentic Oakley True Digital™ prescription lenses and equipped with Oakley Dual-Peripheral Technology™
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress resistant O Matter® frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
Write Your Own Review
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.