"Definitely one of the best cold water Women's wetsuits out there, the D-Lux Mod is truly two suits in one. If you're getting into warmer water and the air temp is mild then wear it with the regular neck, then when the water gets cold and the winds start blowing throw on the zip in hood and you are water tight and warm! The Ultraflex DS neoprene is super stretchy so even for a 5mm suit you'll be unrestricted out in the water and the fully taped seams make this suit one that will definitely hold up much longer than a traditional GBS suit."
The O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod Wetsuit is a high performance feminine minded wetsuit with great features. The D-Lux Mod is a unique convertible wetsuit that allows for a hood to interchange with a neck piece, making it versatile for surfing in all kinds of cold water conditions. Built with 100% UltraFlex Stretch Neoprene and insulating UltraFlex Firewall panels, the D'Lux Mod has a focus on warmth, the feminine shape for a snug fit and maximum comfort in the water.
Single Fluid Seam Welds, Plasma Seals and a Single Super Seal Neck round this suit out nicely ensuring to minimize flushing and leaks, keeping water out so you stay warm. With options for anything from snowy winter afternoons to summer in the PNW, the D'Lux will be in your surf arsenal year-round. Delivering a clean look and impressive features to match, the D'Lux is a perfect option for fun no mater what Mother Nature has to offer.
Neoprene: UltraFlex DS Neoprene
Seams: Single Fluid Seam Welds
Zipper: Chest Zip/Modular Closure
Hood: Fully Attachable/Detachable Zip in Hood
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 4403
- UltraFlex DS Neoprene: 100% Ultra Stretch, Super gooey for superior feel and flexibility.
- UltraFlex Firewall: Super soft and flexible water wicking insulation that keeps you warm and dry.
- Modular Closure System: Comes with both a regular neck closure and can be interchanged with the included hood depending on the conditions.
- Single Superseal Neck: A fully adjustable closure featuring a 360 smooth skin interior, chafe-free unfinished edge, and minimal bulk design.
- Single Fluid Seam Weld: Watertight Stitchless Technology that keeps water from entering at all seams and critical points.
- Plasma Wrist and Ankle Seals: Helps prevent flushing through the wrists and ankles and keeps a secure fit.
- Krypto Knee Padz: Abrasion resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping designed to extend the life of the wetsuit and protect the knee while punching through waves.
- External Key Pocket: Located along the lower leg inseam, this key pocket is easy to access and completely secure.
- Contortionist Seamless Shoulders: Seamless shoulder panels for unrestricted mobility and ultimate stretch.
- LSD (Lumbar Seamless Design): We all know that even the best surfers spend significant amounts of time sitting on their boards. By using a single panel in the rear area of the wetsuit, water entry is minimized and stretch is maximized.
- O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod 5/4 Wetsuit - 2015 Overall a Great WetsuitReview by Vee_311 Vee_311
RatingPros:(Posted on 8/22/2016) 2016-08-22
1. Very lightweight, flexible and comfortable. This 5/4 actually feels lighter and more flexible than my Xcel 4/3. Also, it is easier to paddle in compared to my thicker 4/3.
2. As for warmth, I was very comfortable for at least an hour in sea temperature in the low 40’s. It may have lasted longer, but my hands and feet were getting cold (booties/gloves selection for the sea temp were the limiting factor there). But, the wetsuit itself kept the rest of my body warm.
1. A bit of a "work-out" to remove this gear...I found it was a little more challenging to take this wetsuit off after surfing, but it seemed worth it for the awesome “gummy-like” flexibility it provided.
2. The modular attachment for the neckpiece (the one w/o the hood) seems a little flimsy and more challenging to zip the front section compared to my other front entry wetsuits. I think it’s probably a little more challenging if you are on the "bustier" side, since it becomes difficult to keep the zipper cinched while securing it all the way. The neoprene in the neckpiece actually tore after a few times of use. BUT, Cleanline was really great about quickly getting a replacement from O’Neil ASAP without any trouble.
Even with the minor issues, it is still a great wetsuit…I loved surfing in it every time. Also, Cleanline was AWESOME about helping me pick out the right wetsuit between the options I was considering, as well as recommending the best size (which is a little more challenging for us petite surfers since the “short” option does not come in all wetsuit designs). Cleanline definitely steered me in the right direction and I have been very pleased with this purchase overall. Mahalo.
- O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod 5/4 Wetsuit - 2015 tight squeezeReview by chickook chickook
RatingThis suit is very warm, so warm that when surfing in 48 degree water with 40-something degree air, I had to pull the neck back and flush in some ocean water to cool myself off. I went up one size when I ordered this based on reviews I read, but I wonder now if I should have gone up two. So far it seems impossible to get into and out of without help.(Posted on 1/4/2016) 2016-01-04
- O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod 5/4 Wetsuit - 2015 VERY smallReview by Jeff Jeff
RatingMy wife was really excited when I bought her this suit--we were warned we should size up because they fit small. I think you should size WAY up. We returned it for a different style. One with a zipper so she wouldn't need help getting in and out of it! Otherwise, it looks like an awesome suit.(Posted on 1/1/2016) 2016-01-01
- O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod 5/4 Wetsuit - 2015 To hood or no hood, that is the questionsReview by Shenaynay Shenaynay
RatingI love the versatility of this suit! So far this year I have not needed a hood (surfing the Oregon coast), and knowing I have the option makes it seem like I have two suits in one! Plus this suit dries overnight so I'm always nice and warm when I jump back into the water. I'm super happy with this suit.(Posted on 11/10/2015) 2015-11-10
- O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod 5/4 Wetsuit - 2015 size upReview by Pinky Pinky
RatingI have this wetsuit and many O'Neill wetsuits. I wear a 6 usually but find in the O'Neill winter suits I have to size up. So I get an 8 in this one. When I was having a problem doing up the zipper (it is complicated) the O'Neill guy who designed the suit called me and walked me through how to do it. He even has a video if you need it. The suit is great, I use it for mid season surfing on Cape Cod and it keeps me warm sometimes through December.(Posted on 11/8/2015) 2015-11-08
- O'Neill Women's D-Lux Mod 5/4 Wetsuit - 2015 I returned itReview by Mary Mary
RatingO'Neill has a reputation for stretchy wetsuits. However I had a very difficult time just getting my shoulders and arms in the suit. And I mean difficult! It took forever to get it on so I returned it. I take a size 4, this suit was a size 4. The cap was again almost impossible to get over my head. The struggle wasn't worth it.(Posted on 10/27/2015) 2015-10-27
Write Your Own Review
At Cleanline Surf we specialize in sizing O’Neill Women’s Wetsuits. If you have any doubt about what size you need we strongly urge you to call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts. We do have the manufacturers size chart available below however we suggest taking it with a grain of salt. Getting the right size is extremely important and in the end it will save you both time and money by avoiding a return.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Size Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy