O'Neill has gone above and beyond with the SuperFreak Wetsuit line. The SuperFreak 3/2 Chest Zip Wetsuit is full of features to keep you warm like no other wetsuit ever offered at this price level. Built with super stretchy UltraFlex DS Neoprene, the F.U.Z.E. (Front Upper Zip Entry) Closure System and a Double Super Seal Neck, this suit is certain to keep the warmth in and the water out. One more freak of nature from your friends at O'Neill.
Neoprene: UltraFlex DS Neoprene
Seams: GBS (Glued and Blind Stitched)
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 4407
- UltraFlex DS Neoprene: 100% Ultra Stretch, Super gooey for superior feel and flexibility.
- Smooth Skin FluidFlex Firewall: Super plush water wicking insulation that keeps you warm and dry.
- Front Upper Zip Entry uses the same zipper technology as our Z.E.N. Zip closure keeping you dry without restricting flexibility.
- Minimal Seam Design: Minimal seams for maximum flexibility.
- Glued and Blindstitch Seam Construction: Double stitched partially through the surface and triple glued to create a watertight seam. Tape is added to critical areas.
- Critically Taped Seam Junctions: Increases life span of wetsuit and reduces water entry.
- Double Super Seal Neck: A toasty warm two-layer design featuring a 360 smooth skin interior lining, wide adjustability and a secure lock down.
- Krypto Knee Padz: Abrasion resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping designed to extend the life of the wetsuit and protect the knee while punching through waves.
- Integrated External Key Pocket: Located along the lower leg inseam, this key pocket is easy to access and completely secure.
- Strategic Seamless Paddle Zones: An ergonomic, seamless undersleeve panel that allows for unrestricted motion and eliminates rashing.
- Super Glide Zipper: A strong smooth gliding zipper that prevents water entry at the chest.
- O'Neill SuperFreak 3/2 Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2015 I do recommend the suite overall Review by Swim Coach / New Spearfisherman Swim Coach / New Spearfisherman
RatingI purchased the O'Neill Super Freak 3/2 chest Zip wet suit - 2015 model from CLEANLINE SURF(Posted on 9/21/2016) 2016-09-21
48 years old
Swimmers shoulders (wide but rotator cuff issues)
I am 6 feet tall (72 inches)
Chest 44 inches
Sleeve length of 34 inches (I have always been longer and thinner in the sleeve/wrist)
Waist 36 inches
Inseam 32 inches
Getting in and out of a neck entry wet suite is a trick in and of itself (especially when tired). But the suite is super stretchy.
Wonder if it will last. Cheap enough.
I will be using it for spearfishing East Coast.
I tried swimming with it in the local pool. The pool was 77 °. Anitially upon getting in the cold seemed to hit the seem lines. But not an issue. The neck design/material keeps out the water (surface float into tuck dive) better than my rear zip suite. While the wrist sleeve material fit snugly it still managed to flip over and get water in (doing freestyle stroke -hence the 4 star).
Some have told me that wet suites stretch over time and in the water. I opted for the XXL because trying to get into the XL seemed impossible. Alot of my messurements in the sizing chart are overlapping with the XL. Hope I didn't get it too big.
A little bit about Cleanlinesurf: Standard delivery (Oregon to New York). Came with invoice stapled to retuns form, CLEANLINE SURF & O'Neill stickers, a bar of Mr. Zogs surf board Sex Wax, starbursts candy & Maui Jim sunglasses advertising booklet. It was packed in a plastic full length clear plastic bag in a brown box. It came with a pen written personal note (nice touch).
Thank you Josh + Cleanlinesurf Crew.
I would recommend CLEANLINE SURF & O'NEILL SuperFreak
- O'Neill SuperFreak 3/2 Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2015 Super light O'neill Super Freak 3/2 chest zip full suitReview by Big Bear Big Bear
RatingRad suit. Super light and warm. Used it so far in summer surf on east coast in tri-state area. I'm actually hot in it so looking forward to fall surf when the water temps are below 70 degrees fahrenheit. I'm 6'-1" and 205lbs. I have broad shoulders and athletic build. The XL fits like a glove. Easy to get into and out. I can't comment on the durability because I haven't used it long enough. Definitely recommend this suit.(Posted on 8/8/2016) 2016-08-08
- O'Neill SuperFreak 3/2 Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2015 Great SuitReview by TheDoke TheDoke
RatingGot the suit to start surfing and jet sking (Old school 550 Style LOL) in Va beach a little early, April. Great Suit.... warm, flexible, and believe it or or not easy to get in and out of. I am 6'2" 210 with muscular build and 2x fit awesome! Highly recommend.(Posted on 5/9/2016) 2016-05-09
High marks for the surf shop also...all of our local shops wanted me to spend 400+ for a suit. Loved the hand written note and starbursts..ohh yea plus the surf shirt I would buy for 20 bucks from our surf shops. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOUR SHOP...thanks will use in the future.
- O'Neill SuperFreak 3/2 Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2015 works very well, getting out of it can be a challengeReview by MCO MCO
RatingWorks very well in 60-70 degree water temp, regardless of air temp. Very dry and flexible, no complaints. Only caviat, getting out of it can be a challenge, as with most front zip suits. Would highly recommend it though.(Posted on 1/25/2016) 2016-01-25
- O'Neill SuperFreak 3/2 Chest Zip Wetsuit - 2015 Awesome wetsuit for its range and priceReview by SG DELTA SAILOR SG DELTA SAILOR
RatingI would ideally give it a full 5 star rating but I wanted to be fair because I can't speak for its durability for now since I have only owned it for a few months. But looking at the seam and the stitches so far, it seems that it may very well last longer than my previous 3/3mm of another brand. This is my first front-zip wetsuit and I was a bit skeptical about the ease of putting it on given that the impression of the top opening is rather narrow. However, now that I have worn it a few times, it's definitely not a problem unless you have super broad shoulder and biceps like "the rock" wrestler guy :). You should be able to find video reviews on youtube on this wetsuit showing you roughly how big the top opening is as well. I use this for windsurfing and this wetsuit certainly keeps me plenty warm. The front-zip concept definitely seals off more water than my previous back-zip one and it feels like wearing a 4/3 thick wetsuit without the extra weight. However, I can't speak for surfers who are in the water more than a windsurfer most of the time. I would definitely recommend this to a friend who is looking to replace a wetsuit of similar spec and thickness, and price range.(Posted on 8/3/2015) 2015-08-03
Last but not least, I must say that CleanlineSurf is a pretty cool retailer. Even though mine was an online order, I got a personal note on the invoice from the manager and team saying thanks and all. A rather rare and nice personal touch from an online retailer these days. Shipping was super fast too.
Hope this helps.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy