O'Neill's Pyrotech Wetsuit Series Combines their exclusive Technobutter-Air Firewall insulation, Single Fluid Seam Welds and F.U.Z.E Closure System. Lighter, warmer, more insulating and quick drying with improved ease of entry, the Pyrotech is the latest advancement in cold water wetsuit technology from the leaders in innovation for over 60 years.
Neoprene: Technobutter and Technobutter Air Firewall Neoprene
Seams: Single Fluid Seam Weld
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2013/2014
Manufactures Part Number: 4194
- Attached Hood
- F.U.Z.E Front Upper Zip Entry with Code Red Zipper and Drain Holes
- Single Fluid Seam Weld(Watertight Stitchless Technology) - Keeps water from entering at all seams and critical points.
- Technobutter & Technobutter-Air Firewall Neoprene - The most advanced super stretch neoprene available on the market. 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption with quick dry properties.
- Super Seal Cuffs - O'Neill's new Super Seal Cuff is fused to create a very low profile at the cuff ending creating the best seal ever.
- Krypto Knee Padzz
- External Key Pocket with Loop
- Plasma Wrist and Ankle Seals
- LSD - Lumbar Seamless Design
- O'Neill Pyrotech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Worth the price of admissionReview by S. Powell S. Powell
RatingI wanted to wait a few months before leaving this review because my initial thought was "This is to good to be true... It's got to have a flaw." With that said, I get cold very easy and I get to surf on the weekends and further more, when the weather allows for it here in Oregon. When it actually gets good here and I have a day to surf, the last thing I want is to have to paddle in because I've gotten cold. I've had this suit now for 6 months and it is holding up the way I would expect a $400+ suit to. I've used it in snowing conditions and 46F Degree water and I was comfortable for a 6 hour session. I've also worn it in warmer temps down south and it seems to regulate fairly well. It drys super fast, only complaint (and this is nit-picky) is that taking it off is difficult without a friend to help. Seriously considering buy a 4/3 for summer so I don't wear this one out to fast. Best suit ever built.(Posted on 5/9/2014) 2014-05-09
- O'Neill Pyrotech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Crazy WarmthReview by Unknown Unknown
RatingI tried out my Pyrotech for the first time this weekend in 40(F) degree waters in New Jersey. Outside temp was around 55(F)...Not only did the wetsuit keep me warm, but I had to take my hood down and dunk my head on a number of occasions b/c I was ACTUALLY HOT!! Amazing how the technobutter technology works.(Posted on 4/14/2014) 2014-04-14
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SUIT FOR ANY COLD WATER SURFERS OUT THERE.
- O'Neill Pyrotech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit So awesome I went back for a 2nd suitReview by Jason Frink Wind/Wave Enthusiast Jason Frink Wind/Wave Enthusiast
RatingEverything everyone else said and...(Posted on 12/9/2013) 2013-12-09
My last 2 suits were the Psycho 2 and F-Bomb. Great suits but this Pyrotech sets a new standard in comfort, flexibility, water tightness, warmth. I keep 2 suits for the Oregon coast and alternate...I was thinking I would hang on to one of my old suits for those 2 session days, but after 1 chilly session back in the F-Bomb, I was like no way and went and bought another Pyrotech.
- O'Neill Pyrotech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit O'Neill PyrotechReview by Josh Gizdavich, Owner of Cleanline Surf Josh Gizdavich, Owner of Cleanline Surf
RatingSo I've worn pretty much all of the major supplier's wetsuits available and obviously everyone has their own opinions, likes, and dislikes. These are strictly my opinions so of course take all I say with a grain of salt. I've been wearing wetsuits for about 45 years now in the cold waters of the northwest ( northern Oregon where the Columbia river meets the Pacific Ocean). I've been wearing Patagonia wetsuits for the last three years and Ripcurl for three or four years previous. Before that was O'Neill and for many years Hotline was the choice for me.I only have allegiance to the best. I wear what I think is the best because my wetsuit is my most important tool. All this said I recently grabbed an O'Neill Pyrotech off the rack because I kept hearing and listening to all the hype on the phone and in the shop. Paavo, my manager (awesome surfer, incredible guy)keeps telling me (and customers) what a killer wetsuit this is, and I really respect his opinion. Definitely O'Neill's flagship and best wetsuit ever! Wow big statement! So here is what I found, great, super soft, flexible and just buttery (Techno rubber) Neoprene. In the water the suit is unbelievably water tight. I couldn't believe how dry I stayed for a 2 and a half hour sesh. Also it's really REALLY warm. While sitting on my board between sets I could feel the sun baking the firewall interior lining like it was an electric vest! This is one GREAT wetsuit!(Posted on 11/27/2013) 2013-11-27
- O'Neill Pyrotech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Technobutter is Actually Amazing StuffReview by Matt - Cleanline Surf Staff Matt - Cleanline Surf Staff
RatingYep. I have to say that Technobutter Neoprene is the by far the best thing I have seen from the wetsuit industry this year. I'm waiting for this suit(or the Psycho 3) to win wetsuit of the year. It's funny because I haven't heard a lot of hype behind it, but it's awesome. For the past few weeks I have been wearing the Fall 2013 Pyrotech 5.5/4 Hooded Wetsuit, and it honestly is so lightweight and flexible it feels like a 4/3. Being a tall and lean guy(5'11" 157lbs) I fit the O'Neill suits perfect. I'm wearing a size small because this thing is that flexible. It pretty much feels like a second skin, and is extremely comfortable.(Posted on 10/31/2013) 2013-10-31
As far as warmth goes, it's a 5.5/4mm suit so you're covered into the upper 40's no problem as long as you have some solid boots and gloves to go along with it. It also has a smooth skin chest and back panel that helps break the wind, and trap in heat.
The construction overall is very solid in this suit. It is a high end O'Neill wetsuit, and all the suits I have owned from them in the past have held up great. Durability on this suit with the new Technobutter neoprene is yet to be seen I suppose, however I previously owned the RG8, which was the model before the Pyrotech and after a year and a half the seams are all doing great and the suit is still pretty warm. Only the knee has worn through slightly from duck diving(which you shouldn't do with your knee anyways).
All in all this is my favorite suit of all time. It may not be quite the warmest suit out there due to it's lack of fleece lining, but the thickness does a good job of making up for that. As far as flexibility I don't know a better suit that is equal in warmth. Coming form someone who has worn a lot of wetsuits from all the major brands I hope this endorsement carries some weight. The Fall 2013 Pyrotech is well worth it.
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order.