"O'Neill's Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded wetsuit is my go to for cold water surfing. Read the reviews from last years Pyrotech to get a feel for this suit. O'Neill kills it on all fronts but what it really comes down to is the TB2 Neoprene. TB2 is truly a step above everything else out there. Especially when you have a thicker suit like the Psycho Tech the extra weight reduction and insane flexibility makes it feel like a 4/3. It performs when you need it to and has kept me warm in temps into the 40's. Super comfortable and form fitting, it also keeps water out really well. If you are looking to get this suit and you're in between sizes I would consider going down due to the extra stretch, but always feel free to call and talk to someone at Cleanline for the perfect fit the first time!"
The O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Wetsuit is the new generation of our shop favorite, the Pyrotech. This premium coldwater suit has the warmth, flexibility and durability you want in a wetsuit and is constructed with high quality materials from one of the greatest innovators in the industry. Made from 100% TB2 Neoprene, the Psycho Tech is super stretchy, lightweight, soft and pliable. TB2 truly is a step ahead of the game when it comes to quality neoprene. It is the most advanced super stretch neoprene available on the market. 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption, with improved durability and quick dry properties, you just can't beat it.
O'Neill's F.U.Z.E. system allows for an easy in and out chest zip design while still sealing up nicely to provide a snug fit and prevent flushing in all directions. With the insulating TechnoButter 2-Air Firewall Neoprene in the chest and back panel and the Single Fluid Seam Welds you don't have to worry about getting cold. The Psycho Tech provides all the warmth you'll need so you can comfortably surf anything from 45°F water and up.
O'Neill delivers an amazing coldwater suit that offers lightweight protection from the elements, unrestricted flexibility and superior warmth. What are you waiting for? When it comes to a hooded wetsuit, look no further than the Psycho Tech.
Neoprene: TB2 and TB2 Air Firewall Neoprene
Seams: Single Fluid Seam Weld
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2016
Manufactures Part Number: 4579
- Double Super Seal Neck: A toasty warm two-layer design featuring a 360 smooth skin interior lining, wide adjustability and a secure lock down
- Single Fluid Seam Weld: Watertight Stitchless Technology that keeps water from entering at all seams and critical points
- TechnoButter 2 Neoprene: Advanced super stretch neoprene, 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption with improved durability and quick dry properties
- TechnoButter 2-Air Firewall Neoprene: TechnoButter 2 Neoprene packed with air pockets to reduce water absorption and dry quick
- F.U.Z.E Entry: Front Upper Zip Entry uses the same zipper technology as the patented Z.E.N. Zip closure keeping you dry without restricting flexibility
- Red Zone Zipper: Offset zipper with teeth that keeps water from entering
- Super Seal Cuffs: Fused to create a very low profile at the cuff ending creating the best seal ever. The low profile prevents water entry and improves durability in your wrist and ankles
- Krypto Knee Padz: Abrasion resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping designed to extend the life of the wetsuit and protect the knee while punching through waves
- External Key Pocket with Loop: Located along the lower leg inseam, this key pocket is easy to access and completely secure
- Plasma Ankle Seals: Helps prevent flushing through the ankles and keeps a secure fit
- Strategic Seamless Paddle Zones: An ergonomic, seamless undersleeve panel that allows for unrestricted motion and eliminates rashing
- LSD (Lumbar Seamless Design): We all know that even the best surfers spend significant amounts of time sitting on their boards. By using a single panel in the rear area of the wetsuit, water entry is minimized and stretch is maximized.
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Nearly Perfect Suit!Review by George George
RatingI've had this suit for the past couple of months, and I've used it exclusively for surfing the Oregon Coast. First, it's warm, so warm that last weekend in cold and rainy Pacific City, I took the hood off for most of the session because I was too warm-that is an awesome problem to have! Even with the hood off, the suit doesn't flush, which is a great feature. Why nearly perfect? I'm 6'4", 175 lbs., and I'm a bit long for the MT, but that's my physiology not the suit. Buy from Cleanlines! They're the best-period.(Posted on 10/13/2016) 2016-10-13
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Almost too warm!Review by Wiggy Wiggy
RatingLike the other reviews here, this is a great wetsuit. Comfortable, light-weight, dries quickly, and super warm. Having gone through several O'Neill Mutant suits leading to this one, the change is a big improvement.(Posted on 9/26/2016) 2016-09-26
For anyone not used to the stretch-neck entry style (especially O'Neil's), it can be a bit of an adventure getting the suit off the first few times. Tip: wriggle shoulders up and down to get suit neck off shoulders and help shift enough material to catch under one elbow. Then, use the elbow to pull more material down, and pull that arm free before working on the second arm.
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Best Suit I've Ever OwnedReview by Murdoch Murdoch
RatingThis suit is my favorite and I've worn O'neill suits my entire life. Fit is perfect, XLT 6'4" 205. Great on skin feel, lightweight, seams are thoughtfully placed and sealed, flexible, unobtrusive entry system and hood allows for good neck movement, dries quickly, top quality construction, very warm.(Posted on 9/13/2016) 2016-09-13
Cleanline also runs a great shop, great customer service and very knowledgeable.
I managed at O'neill Surf Shop in SC over 15 years ago, and now work in product design and development for a neighboring industry and I highly recommend this shop and product.
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Top class suit!Review by Drew Drew
RatingWell I suppose this suit doesn't need another positive review but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. This is the best suit ive come across in 30 years of cold water surfing. Its hands down the most flexible and warmest wetsuit I've ever worn. If i had to complain about anything it would be a hood that feels a bit thin and loose. But some might like that. Big up to O'neill for some superior technology!(Posted on 8/13/2016) 2016-08-13
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Holy shit Review by Ty Ty
RatingUhhh yeah, what everyone else has said: this suit is freaking amazing! Been surfing for 20+ years and have never owned a wetsuit as good as this one (I've owned some good ones, but nothing compares). I swear it's lighter than my oneill 4/3 RG8, incredibly warm and just an all around beast. Thanks to cleanline for talking me into this one. Stoked!(Posted on 5/25/2016) 2016-05-25
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Best wetsuitReview by Benny Benny
RatingThis is simple the best wetsuit I've owned. Warm, light and super flexible. Great customer service as well.(Posted on 3/29/2016) 2016-03-29
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Oneil perfectionReview by wdsurf wdsurf
RatingBeen wearing this suit for two seasons on the Great Lakes fall, winter, early spring warmth and flexibility second two none! Been chasing the cold /gale storm force conditions for over three decades on inland seas and have never been warmer. Wearing well after 2 years.(Posted on 2/23/2016) 2016-02-23
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Great SuitReview by drew drew
RatingGot my first sesh in this morning with the PsychoTech: 4-5ft @ 10 sec, 41 deg water temp, 34 deg air temp Super warm, very flexible and well sealed. No flushes at all. Rest assured there was no gnar left unshredded due to coldness today in New England. Stayed out for 1:45 mins and was toasty the entire time. Front closure is nice, hood fits great.(Posted on 2/17/2016) 2016-02-17
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Awesome quality and serviceReview by jw jw
RatingLove the wetsuit, love the service. The suit is as described and the quality is amazing... cant wait to get it out in the water. Cleanline surf shipped immediately and had a "family business" feel, helping me feel good about my purchase. Will definitely use these guys again, but it may not be for a while as I expect this suit to last a while :)... thanks guys!(Posted on 2/13/2016) 2016-02-13
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Surprised at the warmthReview by Rodney Rodney
RatingI recently purchased this wetsuit at the end of January and have since been in the water in Rhode Island 5 times, each time between 2 and 3 hours. Most recently the air temp was 28 with a wind chill of 14 and the water temp was 40. I could not believe how warm this suit kept me. This is my first time surfing in water and air this cold so I was a little skeptical. I am warm and toasty, and the only time I get a chill is if I fall wrong and get flushed. The chill fades quickly. And the only way to get flushed is if you happen to go in the water just the wrong way so that a little of it enters through the hood. This suit is amazing!(Posted on 2/11/2016) 2016-02-11
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Amazing suit, exceptional service!Review by The Moss The Moss
RatingEvery aspect of doing business with Cleanline was a pleasure...great service, prompt shipping, good advice, can't say enough! And the suit is as warm and flexible as promised. As a longtime San Diego surfer in the process of migrating to the far north, I gave my new suit the ultimate test in Washington winter conditions just after Christmas. Still can't believe I was that warm....despite the most ridiculously cold conditions I've ever surfed in.(Posted on 1/10/2016) 2016-01-10
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit What a difference!Review by Joy Joy
RatingI purchased this suit as a gift for my son who surfs the WA coast nearly every surf-worthy weekend After his first time using it, he said it was much warmer and more flexible than any suit he's owned. He's tall and very thin, and a medium fit fine. Cleanline was a pleasure to work with (called to insure sizing) and shipping was super fast.(Posted on 12/29/2015) 2015-12-29
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Best suit everReview by Radical Radical
RatingThis is the lightest and warmest suit ever. Earlier this year i bought Ripcurl"s Flashbomb. its so heavy when wet, or dry for that matter, and exhausting to surf in. i've been using O'Niel"s Psycho tech 5.5/4 hooded suit now for a few surfs in the middle of winter, I think its like wearing a 3/2 but maybe thats because the the Ripcurl is the heaviest, stiffest wetsuit ever. And Ripcurl claims to be fast drying....who cares. Any suit will dry out over night and, the Psycho Tech dries out even faster. My back and shoulders are nearly as tired and sore as previous suits. And I'm perfectly warm.(Posted on 12/27/2015) 2015-12-27
The guys a Cleanline are super knowledgable and ready to help.
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Flexible and well-constructedReview by Joey Joey
RatingI just bought this suit and was blown away from the performance. Easy entry in, stretchy, and a very comfortable neoprene. Felt like i was wearing a 4/3 but stayed toasty and happily warm. Also, I was stoked to hear that O'neill's warranty system is super awesome. If, you blow out a seam or rip the suit they will fix it for free within the first year of purchase! Can't say anything bad about this suit except BAD A$$!(Posted on 10/17/2015) 2015-10-17
- O'Neill Psycho Tech 5.5/4 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit Great suit, service and shop!Review by Paul Paul
RatingI went in to get a sale suit but they had sold out of my size. So, I was offered a great discount on the new version. The fit is perfect. It's an amazing suit. Super supple and stretchy neoprene and feels like wearing a 3 or 4mm.(Posted on 8/26/2015) 2015-08-26
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy