The most versatile suit on the market, the 5/4 Mutant is truly two suits in one. This suit makes a great year round suit in the Northwest and can get you pretty deep into winter even in the Northeast. Take off the hood, attach the regular neck piece and you'll be stoked surfing in water temps in the mid to high 50's. Throw the hood on and you'll stay toasty in the 40's when it's howling offshore and the swell is pumping.
The Fall 2014 O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Wetsuit is the most versatile wetsuit in the O'Neill Wetsuit line. Now with an easier entry and new graphics the Mutant has been updated with 100% Ultraflex DS Neoprene making it more flexible and warmer than last years Mutant. Two suits in one, now go get some.
Neoprene: 100% Ultraflex DS
Seams: Single Fluid Seam Weld
Zipper: Chest Zip/Modular Closure
Hood: Fully Attachable/Detachable Zip in Hood
Model Year: 2014/2015
Manufactures Part Number: 4197
- Single Seal Neck
- Modular Closure System with Interchangeable neck and hood.
- Single Fluid Seam Weld (Watertight Technology)
- UltraFlex Firewall
- UltraFlex DS Neoprene
- Plasma Wrist and Ankle Seals
- Krypto Knee Padz
- External Key Pocket with Loop
- Contortionist Seamless Shoulder (For ease of entry and paddling)
- LSD - Lumbar Seamless Design
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit Great warmth/flexibility/price relationshipReview by Axel Axel
RatingI bought this suit a few weeks ago and I've already had 4 sessions in a few spots around San Francisco. Such a great suit! Keeps you warm in the cold Norcal waters in the winter. Good flexibility and cool design.(Posted on 2/11/2015) 2015-02-11
Also the customer service at cleanlinesurf is outstanding: I had made a mistake on the size so I sent them an email and they suggested me the correct size and modified my order so that I would still get the right suit on time! Great experience!
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit Great suit!Review by Jeremy Anderson Jeremy Anderson
RatingLet me start by saying I originally ordered last years suit. Upon trying it on I noticed a small tear near the entry point. I called Cleanline and told them about the situation. Shortly thereafter the manager called me. He asked me to explain what had happened again. At this point I thought I was stuck with the suit having admitted trying it on. To my surprise he told me that because they were out of 2012 models he would have to give me THIS YEARS MODEL at no extra charge!!!! Well today I got my new suit and it is a huge improvement over last years. I just got back from my first session and I am completely satisfied! I would be surprised if O'Neill could improve on model. Thanks Cleanline!(Posted on 10/19/2013) 2013-10-19
You earned a loyal customer Cleanline!
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy