The most versatile suit on the market, the 5/4 Mutant is truly two suits in one. This suit makes a great year round suit in the Northwest and can get you pretty deep into winter even in the Northeast. Take off the hood, attach the regular neck piece and you'll be stoked surfing in water temps in the mid to high 50's. Throw the hood on and you'll stay toasty in the 40's when it's howling offshore and the swell is pumping.
The O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Wetsuit is the most versatile wetsuit in the O'Neill Wetsuit line. The Mutant allows for use with a standard chest zip neck piece or an interchangeable 2mm hood for colder days. Perfect for the surfer that wants to be in the water during a variety of conditions but can only afford one suit.
Built with an easy chest zip entry, firewall insulation and fluid seam welds, the Mutant will keep the warmth in and the water out. A lightweight combination of Ultraflex DS Neoprene and insulating UltraFlex Firewall makes for improved comfort and flexibility. Two suits in one, now go get some!
Neoprene: 100% Ultraflex DS
Seams: Single Fluid Seam Weld
Zipper: Chest Zip/Modular Closure
Hood: Fully Attachable/Detachable Zip in Hood
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 4197
- UltraFlex DS Neoprene: 100% Ultra Stretch, Super gooey for superior feel and flexibility.
- UltraFlex Firewall: Super soft and flexible water wicking insulation that keeps you warm and dry.
- Modular Closure System: Comes with both a regular neck closure and can be interchanged with the included hood depending on the conditions.
- Single Fluid Seam Weld: Watertight Stitchless Technology that keeps water from entering at all seams and critical points.
- Single Superseal Neck: A fully adjustable closure featuring a 360 smooth skin interior, chafe-free unfinished edge, and minimal bulk design.
- Plasma Ankle Seals: Helps prevent flushing through the ankles and keeps a secure fit
- Krypto Knee Padz: Abrasion resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping designed to extend the life of the wetsuit and protect the knee while punching through waves.
- External Key Pocket: Located along the lower leg inseam, this key pocket is easy to access and completely secure.
- Contortionist Seamless Shoulders: Seamless shoulder panels for unrestricted mobility and ultimate stretch.
- LSD (Lumbar Seamless Design): We all know that even the best surfers spend significant amounts of time sitting on their boards. By using a single panel in the rear area of the wetsuit, water entry is minimized and stretch is maximized.
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Best Suit Review by Rich from Humboldt Rich from Humboldt
RatingThis is my 2nd Mutant from Cleanlines and not only is it the best wetsuit they have the best prices. The personal note with the suit is a nice touch in a world of impersonal transactions. The quality of the suit is great. My last one lasted over 2 years with lots of use. I would highly recommend cleanlines and the 5/4 Mutant.(Posted on 9/27/2016) 2016-09-27
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Nice suit!Review by whoeatsbluewhat whoeatsbluewhat
RatingLove this wetsuit! Attachable hood is the bomb. As for warmth. Nothing compares. I'm in low 50 degree h20. Toasty! Feel like the price is good. Really good if you consider the hood. Only wish is that they would have one with some color options.(Posted on 7/14/2016) 2016-07-14
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Flawless SuitReview by Chili G Chili G
RatingI bought this suit to surf the pacific northwest and be comfortable while I did so. This suit does exactly that and is flexible enough that I often forget I have it on. The quality of the neoprene is very high and the welded seems make me believe that I will have this suit for quite some time. Well worth the price.(Posted on 6/15/2016) 2016-06-15
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Great personnel in dealing with phone order.Review by Hay you Hay you
RatingI just wear O'Neill Mutant. This isn't my first. I kite and hydrofoil every day Feb to end of season. My order was by phone. This phone order went so well that this is my best wet suit ever.(Posted on 4/30/2016) 2016-04-30
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Super warm and flexibleReview by RD RD
RatingBest combination of warmth and flexibility in any wetsuit I've owned in 53 years of Northeast cold water surfing. Perfect quality product, great shipping and service. Nice job, Cleanline.(Posted on 4/25/2016) 2016-04-25
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Right product, right price, right customer serviceReview by Coopalooop Coopalooop
RatingThis suit came on time and as detailed on the webpage. There was even a hand written thank you note with the package. Strongly recommend purchasing from Cleanline!(Posted on 12/26/2015) 2015-12-26
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Great warmth/flexibility/price relationshipReview by Axel Axel
RatingI bought this suit a few weeks ago and I've already had 4 sessions in a few spots around San Francisco. Such a great suit! Keeps you warm in the cold Norcal waters in the winter. Good flexibility and cool design.(Posted on 2/11/2015) 2015-02-11
Also the customer service at cleanlinesurf is outstanding: I had made a mistake on the size so I sent them an email and they suggested me the correct size and modified my order so that I would still get the right suit on time! Great experience!
- O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit - 2015 Great suit!Review by Jeremy Anderson Jeremy Anderson
RatingLet me start by saying I originally ordered last years suit. Upon trying it on I noticed a small tear near the entry point. I called Cleanline and told them about the situation. Shortly thereafter the manager called me. He asked me to explain what had happened again. At this point I thought I was stuck with the suit having admitted trying it on. To my surprise he told me that because they were out of 2012 models he would have to give me THIS YEARS MODEL at no extra charge!!!! Well today I got my new suit and it is a huge improvement over last years. I just got back from my first session and I am completely satisfied! I would be surprised if O'Neill could improve on model. Thanks Cleanline!(Posted on 10/19/2013) 2013-10-19
You earned a loyal customer Cleanline!
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy